Interrupted Shenanigans

Chapter Twenty Six

****

"So, if we want her to move on then you guys literally have to dig up her grave and burn her bones?" I stood with wide eyes staring at Sam and Dean who were each holding a shovel in their hands. "Seriously?"

Sam made a face as he shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah...and if that doesn't work then we have to find out what her spirit's attached too and burn that."

"Nice..." Stiles muttered, keeping his body close to mine. "Maybe we should call Lydia and let her know what's happening."

"Oh yeah, where did your sister run off to?" Dean asked, while he began rummaging through the trunk of his car.

Letting out a sigh I crossed my arms close to my chest, the cold air was sending chills down my spine. "Hanging out with some guy." I shrugged, "And to be quite honest no offense, but I'm pretty sure she thought you guys were just a joke. Anyways, she didn't wanna cancel on this guy again so..."

There was a burst of cool air before Allison appeared directly in front of me, "Typical Lydia." Startled by her sudden appearance I couldn't help but jump back, "Whoops, sorry." She apologized, "I guess I'm starting to get the hang of this whole appearing out of nowhere thing."

Stiles shifted around, leaves crunching under his feet. "Ya know what you should have done?" His hands were now out in front of him like he was proposing some kind of deal, trying to persuade her into first off listening to him and then that whatever he wanted to say was worth listening to in the fist place.

"And what would that be?" She flickered out momentarily but quickly reappeared as if it had never happened.

"When you appear out of nowhere you should totally scream, 'Boo!'" His face was covered in excitement, yet everyone else didn't seem quite as amused.

Dean gave a look as he leaned up against his car which was parked close to Allison's grave, "Seriously? What do you think this is? Scooby-doo?"

Stiles just gave Dean a blank stare in reply, his eyes blinking rapidly as he tried to think of something clever to say back to the man who was staring back at him

Stiles just gave Dean a blank stare in reply, his eyes blinking rapidly as he tried to think of something clever to say back to the man who was staring back at him. "I-I mean...no?"

"Look, all jokes aside we really need to get this done." 

Allison looked uncomfortable, "I don't know how comfortable I am with you digging up my grave and burning my bones. If I'm not here I can't help my friends. They need me." 

Sam frowned slightly, "You won't be much help to your friends if you become an angry spirit...which would happen with time. You'd have to sit here and watch your friends and family come and go and then you'll be left all alone. As painful as it may be, it's for the best." 

She just nodded in understanding, a solemn look overtaking her face as she once again flickered in and out. "You're right...Can I at least say something to–"Just like that she was gone, faded out completely like she hadn't been there in the first place.