Parrish: The Real Life Fireman

Chapter Twenty

****

"It's not just that she could still be alive..."

"It's that she would've to fake her death." I finished the statement for Stiles as we both walked into the Sheriff station. After meeting with the Winchesters, Stiles insisted that I come over to explain to him what had happened, and somehow I began venting about had happened at my house with my mother. After realizing the importance of the conclusion we had come to, we decided it would be best to inform Sheriff of all of this as well. 

Sheriff gave us both a look of confusion, "Your Grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" 

"Definitely." Stiles nodded. 

My arms folded over my chest, "Lorraine Abigail Martin." I corrected him, "She liked to go by Abigail...Yeah, definitely sounds like a maybe." 

Stiles' eyes glanced quickly towards me with a shrug before they found his father once again, "More than likely, yes." 

Sheriff's eyes were now narrowed, "Oh, I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?" 

"She might be helping the Benefactor." 

"Or is the Benefactor." 

He was puzzled at our words but suddenly intrigued, "That sounds like a story worth hearing." Making his way to the other side of the room he quickly shut the door before turning back towards us. "Now before we go through any details about this, I think it would be good if we got Parrish in on the information too." I gave a small nod of approval and watched him open the door right back up, "Has anyone seen Parrish?" Looking out the window I noticed no one in the office saying a word, "Haigh?" 

One of the younger deputies sat at his desk raised his head up from whatever he was working on, "Haven't seen him." He replied with a small shake of his head and a shrug. 

Sheriff let out a sigh but nodded as the door once again came to a close, "Well, I guess we can just catch him up later. Alright, so this was brought up the other night while you were at your lake house?" 

"Yeah...and after everything that was said I finally made the connection that she's the only other Banshee like me...it's kinda complicated, but I mean what isn't? I just–" 

Before another word could leave my mouth gunshots echoed all around us shattering one of the glass windows to the office, and my body was sailing towards the ground. As I came in contact with the cold tile, Stiles' body landed right on top of mine shielding my head and as much of me as he possibly could from the flying bullets. I was utterly confused as to what was going on, my mind ran straight to someone trying to kill me because of the deadpool. I didn't even have enough time to be afraid, it was happening so fast.

"Hey! Hey!" Sheriff screamed, immediately cocking his gun and running out the door. Another gunshot sounded, causing me to flinch under Stiles which lead him to holding onto me tighter. 

"I got you." He whispered, gently rubbing hair out of my face. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." I kept my eyes shut tightly but nodded at him in response. 

"Parrish! What are you doing?! Haigh, put the gun down!"