Chapter 34

"Gwendolyn!" a voice echoed. "Gwendolyn!"

That's not my name. I'm... I'm Barbara.

"Gwendolyn!"

Where am I? It's so dark. And cold.

"Gwendolyn," the female voice spoke again.

Why does she keep calling me Gwendolyn? Looking around, even though there nothing around me, I couldn't tell where she was coming from. Her voice spoke in echoes.

"Who are you," I yelled or tried to. I couldn't hear my own voice. "Where am I?!" This was useless. Pointless really.

I'm cold. Hugging myself I tried to keep some warmth but it wasn't helping. If I could see in front of me I could have saw my own breath.

What's going on?

Taking beep breaths, I tried to think of a warm beach somewhere with mom and Logan. But that didn't help. Squeezing the fabric of my shirt, I was starting to lose my breath.

It hurts.

Someone...

Help me...

Closing my eyes, I submitted to the pain. I'm alone. I'm so alone.

"Bar... bara..." Opening my eyes I looked around again. "Barbara," the voice spoke clearer. This time it was a man. And he sounded familiar. Someone I knew. Someone I know.

I tried to ask for help but the pain in my lungs hurt too much to even do so.

"Barbara!" It's too late. Leave me alone.

Go away! You don't care! You forgot me! You're not mine! You belong to her... Goliath...

A shimmer of light appeared brightly near my hand. Closing my eyes over how brought it was I was able to slight get use to it to notice it was a hand with apart of its arm. It was a man's hand, large and dirty like this person was working out in the field.

Slowly this person hand slipped under mine, holding it with such care. Holding back tears, it was so warm. It felt nice. Some how I was able to smile but it soon faded when I couldn't hug his hand back. It was already stiff.

It really is too late.

I'm sorry.

"Barbara, come back to me. Don't leave me like this?" the man whispered.

Goliath? Is that really you?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Goliath.

I felt someone's arm around my back. It was so warm. Closing my eyes, I felt a little blissed at this moment but it all changed when I could feel the warmth of someone lips on mine.

Tears escaped my close shut eyes. Like magic my body was filled with warmth. This was truly blissful, I thought when those lips parted with mine.

"Open your eyes for me my minx," I smiled at his nickname for me and I did. Opening my eyes, they fluttered open to a blurry face that slowly came into force. And there he was. My Dark One, holding me in his arms making sure I was the only face he sees. "Barbara," he smiled weakly like he was nervous.

So he didn't forget. My Goliath. My love. Lifting my hand up to touch his face to make sure it was really him. I couldn't believe it. He was here still with me. "You miss me?"

"Always," he whispered taking my hand and kissing the palm of my hand. He squeezed tightly holding it close to his cheek as he smiled.

"Are those tears I see? Who knew the Dark One could cry?" I smiled trying not to laugh.

"Only for you," he laughs.

"And laughs too?" We laughed but it slowly died as we looked into each other's eyes.

"I thought I was going to lose you," he whispered placing his forehead on mine.

"Never," I whispered back arching my head back to kiss his lips, "I will stay by your side as long as I can." Closing my eyes I couldn't stop grinning. Pulling myself up, I felt a shock of pain run through my body.

"You should rest, Gwendolyn," Charlotte commanded. Again, Gwendolyn. That name. How much I started hating that name.

"No," I firmly said. "What happened to Ophelia?" Goliath helped me up to my feet. Looking at the body behind him. Ophelia was lying face down, in her own pool of blood. No one needed to answer me, I could already tell. "The Prince?"

"I'm well, Queen Gwendolyn," slowly turning around the Prince was sitting upright being... healed. Green light can out of the... doctors hands.

"The Healer will help him. Now you must rest. You may be healed but you're still hurting." Charlotte tried to take my arm but I pulled away.

Shaking my head, "No, do the people still know that Ophelia is Queen? Is the war still going on?" No one answered. This wasn't good. But first, Goliath needs to know the truth. "Charlotte, Its time he knows the truth."

"What!? What are you saying at a time like this? Like he would understand anyway," Charlotte's character quickly changed.

"Tell me what?" he asked looking at me to Charlotte to me.

"Charlotte?" I firmly spoke folding my arms.

With a sigh, "You're of royalty. Son of the late King Maccon and my mother Queen Ara."

"Wha-"

Placing my hand over his arm, I shook my head, "Listen."

He stayed quite as Charlotte tried to explain thaw story about his parents, his grandmother, her and him. Slowly you could see his hard glare become gentle as if he realized he has never been truly alone like he thought. That his mother and sister stayed away for him, to protect him.

"So- I'm a-"

"A king, Goliath," Charlotte said, saying his name for the first time. "You are the rightful hair of Lycans kingdom."

"Like they will want me," he sounded ashamed of himself.

"Goliath, we've done bad things in the past but you've done well to. Besides, I think you will be a great king."

Gentle he pulled me into a hug, "as long as you are my Queen."

"Always." I whispered as our lips touched. Closing my eyes, this was heaven. Him and I together in each other's arms. Just like this, I want it to stay like this. Just me and him. Forever. Hugging him, I rested my cheek on his chest.

The clash of thunder boomed in my ears. Spooked, I opened my eyes and found myself in a dark room with a few candles lit. Looking from left to right, I spun around looking in my kitchen. "Goliath?" No, this can't be happening. No! Spinning around to look at the living room of my apartment again, hoping he was there. That there was a small glitch. The story was still going. That couldn't have been the end. It couldn't have.

I didn't say goodbye. "Goliath," I whispered falling to my knees and cupping my face. Hugging myself I curled into a ball, rolling on my knees. Screaming out my cries the heavy rain covered them up so that no one could hear me. "Always, Always."