Chapter 16

I wake in my bed alone with a little crack of sun light hitting my face through the window. With a loud yawn, I lifted myself up and stretched my body from side to side. With a little body shake I lazily go up on two feet and walked out the room finding my way to the kitchen. Once I found the table I sat in a chair as a coffee cup was placed in front of me.

With a smile I did a sigh, right on time, I thought. Taking the warm cup into my hands. "Thanks Logan," I said smiling as my lips meet the edge of the cup. Taking a sip, I could feel the hot liquid go down to my stomach making it warm inside my belly. "I really needed this," I said looking up at him. "Logan?" his face a bur and once my eyes focused in it wasn't him. "Goliath," I said almost disappointed but not really.

"Who is this Logan, you speak of," he firmly said with a look that could kill.

With a sigh I lowered my head, scratching the top of my skull with my right hand. "My brother," I almost said weakly. "Every morning he would make me coffee and place it down on the table the moment I sit down." I found myself glaring at the cup, looking at my reflection through it. He didn't say anything, "thank you for the cup, Goliath. It a good bust-me-up," I gave him a gentle smile as I glanced up picking my cup up and taking another sip.

His face became gentle as he looked elsewhere then back to me as he spoke, "I spoke Anne that we will be leaving. We should go into town today and find information on the Valkyries."

"Do you really think we'll find something?" I asked lowering my cup down.

"Maybe not but the kingdom will be flying over the village today."

"Today?!" I yelled. "Why didn't you say anything yesterday?! We should have left then!" I whispered angrily looking around hoping Anne would not show up.

"It was a long day for both of us. I thought a brake would do us some good." He calmly said taking a seat at the table.

I felt like slamming my head on the table. Maybe he was right with all the hiking we did but something this important can't wait. Nothing good ever happens like that. Ever since I was little I hated last minute planning. Well even in books last minute things always happen. But if Gwendolyn was here she would know how to get there. "That's right she would since her and Charlotte are good friends."

"What are you talking about?" Goliath asked tilting his head.

"I think I have a plan," I smiled picking myself up and rushing towards the bedroom him and I slept in.

"Barbara?!" he yelled, hearing him leave the kitchen and following to the room.

Together, I started looking around the room looking for my book. "Goliath, weres my book?" I asked.

"I don't know. Where did you leave it last," the first word that pop in my head was the bathroom. Without thinking I ran for the bathroom pushing Goliath out of the way. He watched and followed me across the hall.

Almost slamming myself into the door frame entering the bathroom, my heart dropped. My eyes hit everything in the room. The tub, sink, toilet, basket. I didn't see it. "It's not here. It was right there on top of that basket!" I yelled pointing at it. Running up to it I opened the lid, nothing. Looked in the tub, nothing. Getting on my knees I looked under the tub, nothing. Oh my god, I lost the book.

Suiting on my knees, I placed my hand on my forehead and let the hand run up head to the back and around my neck. What am I going to do? That was my ticket home. I'm trapped.

Not realizing, I was taking deep breaths. Goliath got on his knees and hugged me close to his chest. Quickly my eyes became bury as hot tears burned my skin while it ran down my cheeks. "What am I going to do? I can't go back home. I can't go back," I cried wrapping my arms around him, barring my head in his cheat, and taking the back of his shirt into my fists as I hugged him close.

"We'll find your book. It's here somewhere, so don't worry," his voice smooth the little fear that I had built up. Even though I knew he thought I was crazy he was still able to believe me no matter how much it didn't make since to him.

"Goliath," I whispered lifting my head up, staring into his warm eyes, "I need that book. It's the only thing that lets me not forget. I can't forget." I stared to shaking my head, "I can't forget that I don't belong here. I can't forget where I belong."

"You won't forget," he said firmly gentle rubbing his thumb on my cheek, whipping the tears that burned my flesh, away. Closing my eyes, I leaned into his thumb. His lips kissed mine once and then once more as his hands took both sides of my head, lifting me, keeping me there as if I would run away. Quickly the kiss became a hot wet mess between us like wild animals.

Pulling away he placed his forehead against mine, "Don't worry," he whispered.

Just hearing those two words made me truly feel at ease. His voice soothed me, gave me hope, and I was happy. All the worry that I have ever had left my body as he embrace me into his arms, holding me as we sat in the middle of the bathroom floor. I guess this world is testing me and I just lost my guide. At least I wasn't alone and completely lost here.

I broke my train of thought at the sound of someone standing in the doorway clearing their throat. "I'm sorry to interrupt but is everything alright?" Anne said holding some folded up clothes.

I pushed Goliath away picking myself up as I spoke, "We're fine, thank you," I smiled trying not to show any signs that something was wrong.

"No we're not," Goliath grimly spoke standing up. "My wife's red leather book is missing."

"I see. I'm sorry to hear that. I will ask Myris if she picked it up or saw it anywhere. I'm sure it's here somewhere," she smiled. "Yesterday, Goliath, you said you were heading into town to fine information about how to get to the Valkyrie kingdom. It may be difficult to find what you are looking for in one day. So why don't you return before sun down. During that time perhaps Myris and I will have already found it and you may sleep here for another night."

"We can't do that," I spoke quickly before Goliath did.

"Do you plan to leave without your book?"

"No but-"

"Then I will see you by night fall. Here are your clothes," she pulled her arm out handing us the neatly fold clothes. "Well now, I'll go take to Myris. Once you're dressed its best if you go straight into town. Before the crowed takeover the streets."

"Thank you," I weakly said. Taking the clothes in my hands as she gave us one more, big smile and left.

Goliath and I looked at each other, "You see, there's no need to worry. Anne will take care of it for us until we get back."

"I guess," I sighed worriedly hanging my head low.

"Barbara," I looked up to him. With his face just inches from me, his lips touched mine for just a moment. When he pulled away, I found myself leaning forward almost... no... want more. With a devilish grin he spoke again, "So now that I'm healed. Will you let me hold you tonight?"

"Hold?" I whispered, confused a little until I say the lust in his eyes. I get it now, "No". Taking mine and his clothes I left him and had gone back into the bedroom to change. The moment I shut the bedroom door, separating the both of us. I felt my heart beating a hundred miles per hour. "I can't forget," this isn't real, I whispered to myself.