Chapter 11

I'm not going to complain. I'm not going to. Okay I am. My feet hurt! That's it. We walked all night until the sun rose and we took one brake. We passed one town and one small village of farmers. I really thought it wouldn't take long to get there but it did.

Silently crying, I stared at Goliaths back. His muscular body cover me from the sun's rays which I was grateful for. I can just imagine my skin turn red from burns. Shivering at the thought I looked at him curiously. He hasn't once complained. Has not once stopped for a brake. Every moment I said to take a brake he ran off somewhere and came back with water or food.

"I need a brake," I said for the fourth time. I felt so out of breath. "My feet are killing," I complained. We were walking up steep hills, low hills and everything else you would find in the woods. Finding a large rock to sit, I took off one of my brown shoes that kind of looked like a boot, off. I never been into shoes but I kind of like these. Too bad they are covered in mud. My foot was covered in sweat and a little mud. Not caring I rub my foot. A light moan escaped my lips as I hit a spot just right.

"We're almost near a village," Goliath spoke looking behind his shoulder.

"Just a little brake," I whined titling my head, trying to stretch out my body a little before I do it again when I stand up.

"They have an inn, we'll rest there and get a new change of clothes."

"And with what money," I said in amusement. "Are you going to steal again?" I smirked. "I hate stealer."

"And how would you do it?" he asked crossing his arms.

"Work. You don't go through life without hard work. That's how you get money." I slipped my foot back in my boot and then took the other one off to rub it.

That's what Gwendolyn and I both had in common. We were hard workers who were trying to support our family. Trying take care of everyone but our selves. All we knew was that blood and sweat was going to bring bread on the table. But Gwendolyn was living a wealthy life while I lived a poor one. Lucky girl. I glanced up towards Goliath, with his back towards me. I felt a sharp pain. I better he had a hard life too.

"Goliath, what was it like, growing up?" I asked looking down at my foot as I continued to rub it.

"Why bring it up now?"

"Well I realized there will never be a time when we could so I just thought, why not know. We're alone, it's the perfect time to get to know each other."

"I see," he said. He walked towards a tree and leaned on it as he folded his arms. "What do you want to know?"

"Anything, everything," I slipped my foot back I to the books taking small glances towards him.

"There's nothing to tell. No family, no friends. All I knew is what you see. A man that loves to kill, steal, and seduce woman. That sums everything don't you think?" he asked with a sly grin. "Your turn, Barbara."

I shivered at the sound of my name coming out of his lips. With my cheeks burning I turned my head to the side, acting like I saw something. "There's nothing much to tell, you know," I said smacking my hand on my boot. "Besides, if I say anything about myself I may mess up this world we're in." Getting to my feet, I adjusted my gown and walked into the direction we were going.

Thinking I can get away with it, he caught my arm the moment I walked in front of him. "I thought you wanted to get to know each other," he spoke leaning towards me as I moved my head back. "Or is there another reason for us to get to know each other."

I pulled my arm away, struggling to get it back. "I'm just a writer. Being inside this book makes me curious of what the characters are like. That's all. The more I know, the more I can figure things out."

Glaring into my eyes, he loosen his grip. "Can I not be curious about the woman who believes she's in a book?"

I forced myself to look away from him as I spoke. "Like I said there's nothing much to tell. My father is gone, my mom is very sick and I have a brother. I never once lived on the street or stole. I'm a hard worker, who supports her family. Nothing much to tell." Maybe it was a bad time to ask questions about him when I didn't want to answer his questions about me. "We should go. We're almost there." Walking a head, I can already feel sharp pains poking the bottom of my feet.

"Stop," Goliath muttered.

Turning my head towards him. His head was hanging down, like he was in deep thought. "What?" I asked.

Picking up his head, he glared at me. He looked pissed off, so pissed that his looks could kill. He took a couple steps towards me, standing in from of me, he looked down. I'm not going to say I wasn't scared because I was. He was big, massive, muscular, a look that could kill and wasn't afraid to do whatever he wanted. I never meet a man like him and yet... I knew there was something else. In those eyes, I can see a gentle side of him but he had so much hatred covering it.

Turning his back towards me he bent down on one knee. "Get on my back. I'll carry you."

I did one of those sigh/laugh like he just proved my point. He was gentle. "I'm heavy, you know."

"Not as heavy as that witch," he said almost like he was laughing at me.

"You mean Ophelia?" I asked raising a brow.

"Yea," slowly but not hesitating I put my arms around his and rested me chest in his back. Lifting himself with me ne him. I felt his hands come together giving me support. "I should thank, Queen Gwendolyn for saving me from that witch. I think I would enjoy death more than mating with her sister."

"Really?" I asked laying my head on his back. Man I was so small compared to him. Like I was a little child being carried by her father. What's more, he was so warm. "Well when I return home, you can thank her. And maybe you can become allies once this is all over."

"You speak of the impossibility," he said pushing me up a little. "Why don't you sleep, it will take a few hours to get there at most."

That's a good idea. A whole night and a day and a half walking really tired me out. I rudder my forehead on his back as I took a deep breath. He smelled so good, and so warm. Pulling my arms close, I hugged myself into his back like a child. "Goliath?"

"Yes."

"Why are you called the Dark One?" I yawned.

"I have done a lot of bad things." He said without hesitation.

"But you seem so nice," I said falling in and out of sleep.

He didn't say anything as I quickly drifted into sleep, but as I almost let the sleep take in I thought I hear something. Like... "Only to you."