Chapter 10

Ophelia stormed into the throne room, walked up the red carpet steps to her throne, spin around and sat down. Glaring down at her Knights she yelled, "Report!"

One Knight placed his one knee to the ground and bowed his head. "We're sorry your Highness. The Dark One escaped with the traitor into the Dark Forest."

Ophelia quickly bit her thumb nail. How could this happen, she thought. She damned her sister for even being born. Adjusting herself on her chair, she sighed. How was she going to fix this? "Send word to every neighboring Kingdom of my sister betrayal, I want her dead or alive! And I'll throw a bonus to whoever gets me the Dark One! Kill anymore who tries to help them!" she yelled, echoing her words in the throne room. She didn't care how the Knights did the job. She just wanted it done and now.

With a sigh I closed the book and placed to my side as I let the warm fire take my full attention. This isn't going to be easy as I thought. Every neighboring Kingdom? I'm so dead, we're going to stick out like a sore thumb. Squeezing my eyes shut I groaned.

I shouldn't worry much, I thought letting my body fall back. I just have to change and find a way to make Goliath look... well... I don't know. He was a large man, with huge muscles, a handsome face that would surely give us attention. It didn't help that Goliath acted like animal. I mean come on the guy attacked me trying to get some after saving me from... I don't know. From other Lycan.

Letting another sigh escape my lips, I turned my head to the side. I wonder if mom is okay, I hope the power went go out during the storm. And Logan, I wonder if his eating right. I know it's just one night but still. Maybe this shouldn't be the time to worry about them. Mom had the Doctor's and Logan was at a friend's house. But the neighbor next door, lifting myself, I shook my head violently.

What the hell was that?

Why the hell would I worry about that rube ass next door neighbor?

Snap!

In a flash, I was alert, staring out into the dark forest. God I hate the dark so, so much. I may have a fearless look on my face but inside I was pissing myself. Is it that Lyacn from before? No, Goliath scared that guy so bad I don't think he has the balls to come after me now. Unless he know I'm alone and going to get his revenge of humiliating him.

I heard another snap then a rustling sound. I got to my feet as fast as I could, "Who's there! Show yourself!" I yelled staring out in the dark. I took a step back when I didn't hear a response. Just the sound of someone or something stepping on dry leaves and broken twigs. "I'm not fucking around!" I yelled out trying to sake the fear away but it was making it worst when no one asked back. I sucked in a breath when I saw black leather boots come from out of the shadows and into the light. Was the stranger slowly walked into the light, I felt my fear level go off the rail.

"You're so loud," the familiar voice spoke.

"Goliath! Why didn't you answer!" I yelled in relief but I was also angry.

He ran his hand through his long hair with a sigh. In his other hand was a small tan bag with the string attached to it. "Here," he said throw the bag at me.

Without saying anything I took the bag, opening it, I peeking inside. I stared at the clothing that was folded nicely inside. I took the cloths out of the bag and let the bag fall. "Where did you get it?" I asked.

"No thank you," he said folding his arms. "I rushed into town to find you something nice and this is want I get."

"I noticed that your naked butt didn't have any money on you when you left," I said glaring at him, looking him head to toe. "You have new clothes too."

"So," he responded.

"You stole them, didn't you?"

"You wanted clothes, and I got you some."

"But stealing?"

"Do you have money," he asked glaring back at me.

Drifting my eyes away, I coughed, "No."

"Alright then, get dressed."

Our eyes meet, it was like we were challenging each other. There was no way in hell was I going to change in front of him, but I could see fire in his eye. Like he was determined to see me naked again. "Turn away," I ordered.

"I have already seen you and you have seen me," he smirked. "I believe we know each other well enough to change in front of one another."

"Um, no. Turn away."

"Are you afraid?" he asked taking a step around the fire, heading towards me. I took a step back and held my new gown close to me. Turning my head to the side, I couldn't look at him. Why was it at times that I was afraid of him but then I'm not? Is it because of the way he says it. Standing in front of me, he placed his hand under my chin, and forced me to look at him. Sucking a breath of air, his eyes grew to a bright emblem color. Staring into his eyes I could see pain and sorrow.

I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my gut. I wanted to know what was behind those eye of his. Why he was in pain? Why would he show me such a face when his known to be the Dark One?

He brushed his fingertips on my cheek as lightly as he could. Slowly he began to caress my cheek and for some reason I wanted to cry. What the hell was going on here? "You don't have to be afraid of me," he whispered sweetly.

"I'm not," I whispered back. "I don't want to change in front of you," I continued but louder this time. Placing a hand on his stomach I pushed him back. "Where I'm from, men turn away when a woman changes, or she'll be embarrassed and feel uncomfortable. Do you understand?"

With lips curled into a weak smile, "I see. Forgive me," he spoke, taking his hand away and turning away. "All women are the same it's just I never meet a woman like you. Most women would just turn away and change in front of a man without saying a thing." He slightly turned his head towards me.

"Turn your head towards the forest," I replied coldly. As he did so I turned around and took off the gown I had on. Kicking the dress to the side I took my new gown and looked at it. It was light blue with long lantern sleeves. It was flowing looking and pretty. With a small smile creeping on my face, I should thank him I thought. When I felt like turning my head to look at him, I froze. Without looking at him, I felt his eyes staring at me. I wonder what they look like, his eyes. What does he see when he looks at me? Are they sad looking like before. Shaking the thought away, I quickly put the dress on. Sliding it down my body I heard a disappointing groan behind me.

I could help but smile. Wait, what am I doing? I can't fall for him. His not real, none of this is. Besides, his feels aren't for me but for Gwendolyn.

Patting the dress down, it was tight fitting around the waist but flowy from the waist down. He knows how to pick a nice dress to steal. I guess we better not go back there again. With a big sigh I turned on my heel and confirm that the beast was staring at me. He did a light cough and looked away.

"What did I say?"

"I didn't see anything. Besides it not like I haven't seen it already," he replied trying to save his skin.

"That's beside the point, I told you not to look. Men, they never listen," I muttered the last sentence. Walking over to Gwendolyn's dress, I torn a long piece of black cloth from it and carried it over to my red leather book. Picking up my book off the ground, I wrapped the large cloth around the book to cover it. Keeping nice and covered I was able to wrap the cloth over my one shoulder, then the opposite under the armpit. Tying the cloth together it successfully stayed together as I was able to carry the book without holding it all the time. It was going to have to do until I find something else. Taking Gwendolyn's old dress I throw it into the fire.

"What are you doing?" Goliath said almost yelling out.

"Burning the evidence," I said walking around the fire and heading out into the scary dark forest. "We have to see Princess Charlotte, of the Valkyrie's." I said turning my head by hind me to see his shock expression. "We don't have time to waste. Ophelia has ordered all the neighboring Kingdoms to capture us. Dead or alive."