Chapter 19

I woke to the biggest head I have ever felt in my life. My body felt week and heavy at the same time. All I could do was stare at a white ceiling in an unfamiliar room. I couldn't remember how I got here or remember what had happened. All I could remember was... and...

It was too much to say. I couldn't believe what was happening here. Everything was happening so fast and nothing was making since to how real this place was real to me. I can get hungry, sleepy, feel pain in all different ways, and this wasn't just a book anymore, it was more than that now.

"You're awake," a woman's voice spoke. I pick myself up, finding a woman in the corner of the room in a chair. With her legs crossed and a sword resting on her dress-like armor. She looked a little like my friend Sue, from school. Chestnut hair, hazel eyes and a mole close to the left eye. She was the spitting image of Sue and beautiful too.

"Where am I," I tried to sound more brave then I really was.

"In an inn in the village. I'm surprised they let a Lycan in," she smiled.

"Where is Goliath?"

"So that's the Dark Ones name?" the woman said tilting her head back to the side a little. I flinched back, she knew who he was. "He left while back. My Valkyrie's told me that Ophelia found where you were hiding but didn't find you."

"Ophelia," I repeated like it was a curse on my tongue as I looked down squeezing the bed sheets into my fist.

"Oh," the woman leaned in, "never heard you say her name like that before. Do you finally hate your sister Gwendolyn?"

I glared at her, "I'm not Gwendolyn," I was pissed. The whole time I was here I have been comparing myself to her, to Gwendolyn. I have been doing everything Gwendolyn has been doing and I didn't want to be her. I wanted to be me. I wanted to be me again. Writing books, going to work, watch TV, drink beer, and stop my mom from reading my dirty books. I want to be me again, damn it!

The strangers face became hard, as she looked me up and down, "Then who are you?"

"My name is Barbara."

She tilted her head, "Barbara, tell me. Are you from this world?" She knows something I know she does. She leaned back into her seat and laughed. "So the Seeker was right," she said out of surprise. My heart sank in as I breathed heavy, glancing to the door and to her. "Don't think about it," she stood up walking around the room. "If I wanted you dead I would have done so. But I have other plans for my dear new friend."

"What do you mean, plans," I asked angrily.

She reached behind her back and throw a red leather book. In an instant I knew what it was and I was surprised. I thought Ophelia had it. "My name is Charlotte, Princess of the Valkyries. I believe this belongs to you."

I didn't hesitate to take the book into my hands, "how did you-"

"I had my Valkyrie's get it for me when I saw Ophelia's knights take it into the forest. It looked important, but it's empty."

"You looked inside?"

"I wanted to know what was so special about it but I see nothing that interest me."

"So what's going to happen now?" I asked holding my book close.

"You will come with me to my kingdom and you will meet with the seeker, he will help you." She said making her way to the door.

Quickly rushing out of the bed I took her arm, "You really believe me? With everything that was said here."

She looked down on me, why was everyone so much taller them me? "I have no reason to not to. I knew you were not Gwendolyn the moment I saw you."