Chapter 23

I found myself back into the light in a blind of an eye. With my encounter with the 'Seeker', she or he didn't really help me at all. I know nothing of my character other then what I know now. No information about the Lycan, Valkyrie's or the Witches at that.

You would think the 'Seeker' would be more giving when it comes to what the hell's going on but she told a bullshit story about her. How does that help me?! Yeah I get it. I have a more understanding how I got here but still. Throw me a few bones here.

Roaming the halls again I found myself getting frustrated. Everything looked the same and no matter how many time I try getting out of this maze it seems I've been just walking in circles.

With a defending sigh, maybe I'm doing this all wrong. Like the 'Seeker' said I should just play my character. I'm Queen Gwendolyn, sister of Ophelia who betrayed her. A woman who was to marry the Fairy prince but falls for a Lycan.

Turning my head to the left to look out the large window. The courtyard was filled with flowers I normally wouldn't see in the city. Somehow standing here looking out this window made me feel at easy. Placing my hand on the glass, I wanted to go down and touch one but I felt like if I did that they would wither away.

"There you are," a familiar female voice spoke out making me snap my head towards her direction.

"Charlotte," I smiled, "your flowers bloomed since the last time I was here." The words just came out. Blinking a few time as I turned away I was confused for a moment.

"They did," she came to my side and looked out the widow with me. "They always bloom this time of year."

"I'm glad I was able to see them bloom this year." Again, I did it again. Am I losing control... or... am I really turning into the character. No! This is my body!

"As am I Gwen," Charlotte softly said while placing her hand over mine that was on the window. Snapping my head towards her, she smiled.

What the hell is going on?

I moved my hand away, pulling it downwards with my head down. I couldn't look her in the eye. "My sister," I weakly said, "She must pay for her crimes. Who else is looking for my head?"

"Every nearby kingdom is coming for you. Even your husband to be but I believe he will betray Ophelia."

"And the War?"

"It's coming close. My mother taken the other Valkyrie's to nearby kingdoms in hopes they will listen to her then Ophelia ridiculous commands. Ophelia wants to the Dark One at all cost other than preparing for action. None the less the kingdom is falling apart from the inside out without you."

"In almost a week?" I snapped my head up. How was this possible? My sister was using all our man power for her obsession for me and the Dark One. Mostly for the Dark One. "Why the Dark One?"

"Maybe it's for his power? He is known for his great powers. Even the Lycan King himself fears that monster. That's why you never seen their king get involve."

I couldn't believe Goliath, the Dark One, to be really a monster. Gazing out the window once more, Goliath wonder the courtyard. That man down in the courtyard protected me. Gave me close, shelter, showed me that he was gentle but misunderstood, even if he acted like a pig.

"Why do we hate their kind so much Charlotte. It seems like a forever endless war with them."

"Don't tell me you are starting to have feels for that mutt." She sounded disgusted as her heels moved back one step.

"No," I lied, "but the Lycan's are no different than us."

"Their monsters, Gwendolyn!"

"Have you ever stood my one long enough to know. We are all monster but Lycans have always been treated different. A family that took me in had a half Lycan child, and died because of me. But the husband of that human mother was murdered years before by our lack of understanding. It's time we show the people that they are not all monsters. Just misunderstood."

"Misunderstood? They are animals! Lying, murdering, thieving animals with no respect!" she yelled.

I softly replied, "And who made them that way, Charlotte?"

"What are you talking about?"

"We did and its time we make a right." Staring at Goliath large back I placed my hand over his in the window. I smiled "it will be a long road ahead of us. I know that," I nodded my head a few time before turning head towards my dear friend. "I have seen a piece of what the Lyacns have gone through. And as Queen of the Witch's. I will not allow any more of these violent actions towards them."

"And what makes you think you can successfully do this?" she smirked like she was challenging me.

Taking my hand away from the window I shrugged me shoulders, "I built a kingdom by scratch, did I not?" I smiled.

Charlotte stood there for a moment, staring at me in silence. A few minutes seemed to move by before she forced to turn her head away then smirked. Shaking her head in disbelief she giggled that then turned into laughter. With a finally nod she looked at me and said, "Building a kingdom that was already there isn't that hard compared to a fueled that has last longer than our grandparents lifetime. But if it's you, I'm sure the great Gwendolyn herself," she took my hands into hers, "can do about anything."

"I'm glad you agree too," I smiled back.

She laughs, "Come!" she slaps the back of my shoulder, "Dinner is about ready." She hugged me from the side and led me in a direction I hoped was to the dining room. My stomach hurt so much to the point I thought I was going to pass out.

"Charlotte," I whispered.

"Yes?"

"May I use your library after dinner?" I asked. Does she even have a library? This maybe my only chance to know more about this world.

She laughed, "I told you before Gwendolyn, you can use my library anytime."

"Thank you," I spoke while we made a left turn into a hallway.