Chapter 5

Gwendolyn's younger sister Ophelia, quickly left the throne room. With a sigh, Gwendolyn knew there was no hope in her sister's plan. Taming a beast could take years, centuries even and Gwendolyn didn't have that time to wait. Gwendolyn knew well that a beast like him cannot be tamed. He was the kind of beast that would bite the very hand that feeds him. Wasting her time on such a thing would slow her down. She needed to strengthen her army before the close war at hand. Finish putting up the wall in the west part of the kingdom and once she won the war to come she is to wed the first born prince of the North Elves. This way her army would be far greater then it is now with the alliance.

Gwendolyn leaned to the right side of her arm chair and covered her face with her right hand. Slouching in her chair, she had a roaring headache. Later tomorrow she had to go see General Kirby before she goes off to the west side of the kingdom to meet with Mr. London who was working on the wall. After that's done with she had to see the Princess Charlotte. Princess Charlotte was a young Valkyrie who lived far East.

Gwendolyn and Charlotte have been good friends since they were in there mid-teens. Gwendolyn had asked for the Valkyrie's help during the Lycan war. Many time the two friends had loan their army to one another. Many believe doing so make their bond so much stronger. It was then most people who raised a hand to Gwendolyn or Princess Charlotte never strike but share ugly words.

Even with the people thinking they were safe Gwendolyn didn't. She was to afraid that even with her alliance with the Valkyrie, the Elves, and the many others, that one will have the will to raise an army to take her kingdom down once more. She didn't want to lose another family member or have Ophelia alone.

"Sister!" Ophelia yelled. "Please reconsider. I can not think that we should at least try to tame the Dark One," she said walking down the red carpet.

"There is no trying, little sister. He is a danger and we do not have time to play games. War is upon us, did you forget?" Gwendolyn said as she straighten herself in her chair.

"How can I forgot? But what if you're wrong."

"No one can tame him. Many men have tried and in the end they have perished. Not one woman has been able to make sense in the man. Do you really think you can catcher the beast's heart, sister?"

"I do," Gwendolyn squinted her eyes and squeezed her hands into fists. Ophelia was confident in her beauty and did not fail to win the heart of any man inside the kingdom. Unlike Gwendolyn who had to hide her face from everyone else. Who had to wear a fake bodysuit of that who almost matched her sister's body. Only one has ever seen her true self and that was Charlotte. But then again all beings who lived outside the Kingdom look ugly to Gwendolyn.

"No, I cannot risk your life. He will be hanged by morning. Now return to your room, I do not wish to hear any more of this."

"Why do you not trust me, sister!" she said screaming at the top of her lungs as she stormed out the room once more.

Gwendolyn sighed once more. How could she make her sister understand that it was too dangerous to test such a theory, it was ludicrous.

Leaning into my seat I felt bad for this Gwendolyn character. Her sister Ophelia was lying to her. And Ophelia just ticked me off. Her sister said no, so it's no. Gwendolyn was queen so why does her sister want to secretly hide the Dark One in her room? And the Dark One was going to play Ophelia like a fiddle. How come I don't like wants going to happen?

Alone, Gwendolyn walked down a narrow hallway. With her headache pounding at the skull all she wished was to go to bed. Wondering the halls she found herself in front of her sister's door. Has her guilt guided her unconsciously to her Sister's room? Gwendolyn turned away from her Sister's room. She couldn't let her guilt over take her but seeing her Sister's tears hurt her. She was the only family Gwendolyn had but that didn't mean that Gwendolyn was going to let her little sister commit to suicide.

With a sigh she walked away from the door. "I will talk to her first thing in the morning," Gwendolyn whispered to herself.

Bang!

Huh? I jumped in my chair as I quickly looked around the dark room. I hated the dark, most of the time I'm not that scared but when I hear sounds like that I don't like it. Placing my feet on floor I picked myself up. I walked around the coffee table toward the kitchen. Nothing looked like it fell. Maybe it was the caveman next door.

Bang!

I quickly turned around where I heard the second sound. But when I turned around, I didn't see my living. I was looking at a wooden door and stone walls with torches on the wall. I started to do a weak chuckle, this was not happening. I quickly turned around to look at my kitchen and dining room and that was gone to. There was a hallway willed with stone walls and torches.

No, no, no, I knew that book was witchcraft. Please don't tell me I'm really in the book?

Boom! Clash! Bang!

Oh my fuckin god! I wanted to cry. I turned towards the wooden door. Okay. I can do this. Taking a deep breath I opened the door and my eyes widen. Looking around, blood filled the walls, dismembered body part were all over the place. I left my body shiver in fear. I have only ever written about this but never seen it. Never smelled the sent of rotting flesh.

"Well, isn't it the little witch queen." My eyes darted towards the voice that spoke. He was right next to me, just behind the door. "Still hiding your face from me," he laughed, "like it matters. All you witches are ugly as hell."

"D... Dark One," my voice was shaking.

"Oh, are we scared now are we," he gave me a crooked smile. He quickly took my arm and pulled me into the room as he shut the door behind me. I couldn't help but scream, I should have never opened this door! He placed his hand over my mouth as he slammed me into the door. "Now, I'll kill you," he said in a growling tone. Oh god, I'm going to die. I closed my eyes as I felt the tears stream down. Someone help me, please.