Chapter 31

Once I was able to pull what was left of me together. I put on my armor, matching Charlotte's. Moving around in it. It was light as if it wasn't armor at all. When time started again, Charlotte started moving her arms and placing her helmet on. She had acted like nothing happened. The she didn't ask me why I didn't dress or how I just magical put on my armor.

But I didn't question it with her. There was no need to tell her that the 'seeker' came to see me and paused time and what not.

To tell the truth I wanted to get on the battlefield so badly so I can just punch Ophelia in the face until I felt satisfy. Until I can expect my end. But that would never happen.

Together Charlotte and I walked out of her mansion and walked down the front steps while Goliath waited. Like he knew what was going on without any of us telling him.

As much as I tried to put a hard game face on saying 'I'm ready for this fight, bring it'. I was scared shitless, I didn't was this to end. I wanted to stay and live my life here. But I had to get home. I'm need there to. Mom being sick and Logan needing me to help him grow up.

On our way to Gwendolyn's kingdom I couldn't help but look over to Goliath. He had a grin I've never seen on him before. He was ready for battle, ready for the thrill. I could already hear the sound of swords clashing together. Black smoke slowly consumed the sky as Charlotte yelled, "There. The Lycan king should be there. It seems they haven't reached the front gate yet!"

"There's a weak point! There's still an unfinished part of the wall! Over there!" I yelled pointing to the east. "They may have slipped through there!"

"Maybe," she yelled back. "Dark One! Handle the Lycan king and head to the weak point. Meet us at the Queens Castle," she yell towards him.

He grin became devilish and it scared me. "No," I reached out for him and took a hold of his wrist, "Don't leave."

"Gwendolyn," what," I'll come back to you, I promise." And like that he slipped his wrist away and dropped out of the carriage and Charlotte fly house road off.

All I could was watch him fall into the tree and disappear. All that ran through my head was, why did he call me Gwendolyn? Did the book make him forget me? Like she made Charlotte forget that she asked me why I didn't get dressed.

Is that true. The book did that. "Goliath," I whispered, "Don't forget me. You said you wouldn't." I'm so selfish. So very selfish.

Charlotte ran our carriage into the black smoke, hiding in the sky, heading towards the weak point of the wall. I covered my face from the black smoke for a short bit before Charlotte smacked the hours with the ropes making him drive downwards.

How do I describe the most horrifying thing I have even went through? It was like going down the rollercoaster, the slop was so steep that it popped my ears. And it hurt really and I had no idea how Charlotte could stand such a pain.

"Keep your head down!" she screamed at me while placing her hand on my shoulder and pressing down. I didn't ask questions but let her guide us to the castle.

The closer we got to the castle the more I could hear my heart pound. Like the drum of war and the trumpet that followed. Sitting down I faced what was left. The sound of screaming villagers and their children. Flames danced gracefully over houses that were somewhat still standing.

Not believe my eyes I felt a pain like no other. Charlotte made a sharp turn, barely dodging a giant ball of flames.

Making my hands into a fist, I squeezed. Why was this happening? Why can't we just live peacefully? I could watch anymore of Gwendolyn's kingdom burn to the ground. It was too much to bear to watch the kingdom she built from scratch fall apart. By the next morning there will be nothing but ash let.

"Gwen! Let's go!" Charlotte took a hold of my arm to lift me up. "Into the window," she yelled. Once on my feet she jumped out of the carriage and into the window that had no glass. Turning around she reached out for me. "Come, before we are found!"

"I can't!" I yelled back looking at the gap between me and the building. Shaking my head, I took a couple steps back.

"Gwen! You have too." I couldn't utter a word while shaking my head. "Gwen, Goliath is counting on you! Your people are counting on you! Now jump!"

Damn this book, I thought closing my eyes and making the jump. Putting my foot on the ledge. I lifted myself up to make the leap. But my other foot got pulled back by the ledge when the horse decide to pull back.

Holding my breath, I reached out for Charlotte. With my eyes closed I couldn't bear to see what was going to become of me. "Gwendolyn! Hold on!" Not realizing she was gripping onto my hand, left a tug.

"Charlotte," looking up I could feel my tears streaming down my face. I was so afraid I was going to fall, so afraid of dying.

"Rest your feet into the stone," swing my feet forward I was able to find a place to rest my feet on as I took my free hand on the wall. "Try to climb."

"Don't let go!"

"I won't!"

Slowly climbing my way into the window, Charlotte took a hold of me and throw me in. All I could do was lay on the floor, with my arms and feet out while I took beep breaths with a smile. "That was scary... never again... fuck that."

"Well, I would say so," Charlotte seemed more out of breath then I was. She had her back against the wall with her hand over her heart. "We will never do that again," I don't know what happened after that but all we could was laugh.

"Come on, we still have unfinished business."

"Yes, we do," she agree. Helping me up, we cleaned ourselves up before stepping out of the room.

In my head all I could say to myself was, "Let's hope this won't be as dangerous as jumping into a window on the fifteenth floor".

Haven't edited but I believe there will be at least  seven chapters but the last three will not be as long I don't believe. I will try to update the next chapter in a few days. Thank you for reading like always.