Chapter 21

I grew tired of waiting and started to wonder around the massive building. I mean when would I get a chance like this again? But then again I was getting lost. My brother always had reminded me that my self-direction was bad.

The building was like a maze, finding my way into a dead end for the tenth time I was getting a little annoyed. The worst part was I haven't seen anyone since I have started my little adventure wondering around this maze. For one, they should put a map on the wall, like in malls, and have a sticker saying 'you're here'.

With another groan of finding myself in another dead end, I turned around and took another turn to a different hall way. I think it's another hallway? God, who the hell knows, I thought. "I need a break," I told myself as I leaned myself onto the way. Letting my body slide down the hard wall, my butt hit the floor. "My feet," I cried. How long have I been walking? The heels of my feet hurt like needles pocking to no end. I'm so unfit, I joked with myself.

With the back of my head leaned into the wall, I turned to look at the undiscovered hall. For some reason this hall was... different. At the end of this hall it was dark with a creepy atmosphere that sent shiver down my spine. Everything in my body said 'turn back' and I think that's what I'm going to do.

Slowly getting onto my feet, I noticed that the darkness that covered the hall at the end was slowly moving closer towards me. Or was that just me thinking things? Not paying too much attention I turned back to the direction I came from. Whatever is over there, I don't need it.

Taking a few steps out of this hallway I stopped when I heard a rough, creepy voice say, "Barbara."

What the hell was that?! It was so unhuman and scary that I almost peed myself and I would have. No one said there where ghosts! That's were I draw the line.

No, no there is no such thing as ghost, I told myself to make myself feel better. Its okay, Barbara, it's just in your head.

"Barbara," it spoke again.

Fuck that! No, no I'm not having that shit! I tried to move my body forward but my body was not doing what I was commanding it to do. What is going on?! As crazy as it sounds and as crazy as this was happening right now, I was in a real live horror movie.

"Barbara," it spoke again but this stop I felt a gust of wind, bring shivers down my back.

Oh my god! I cried feeling my body jump up and down when it wasn't.

"Barbara," it said stretching out my name. Fuck that, fuck that, fuck that! No, no I'm not having that shit! Fuck that, I want to leave, like right know. Shaking my head I realize that no matter how much I wanted to leave; there was a chance that it was the book that was stopping me from leaving. Meaning Gwendolyn had walked into that scary hallway.

"Come on!" I yelled throwing my arms around while moving my shoulders back and forth. Taking a deep breath I slowly turned my head around. But I promise if someone is behind me I'm going to throw a punch and run for it. Because I don't play these games, I don't.

Facing the dark hallway I was relieved to see no one standing right behind me but yet I wasn't truly relieved. Swollening a large amount of saliva, my spine shivered. Taking deep, deep breaths I glared down the dark hallway trying to think happy, happy thoughts. Like, 'You can do this' and, 'There is nothing to be afraid,' oh and 'You'll be safe'.

Why do I do this to myself?

"Barbara."

"I'm coming!" I yelled out of frustration. "I need to prepare myself, first," I whispered to myself in fear.

Taking a finale last deep breath, I inched to the wall. Letting my body lean on it I closed my eyes. Trying to calm my breathing I walked forward but there was no way I was opening my eyes. I relied on my other senses to guide me through. All I was hoping for was there would be some kind of light the further I go down.

Taking my time I have been lucky to not hit anything. But it didn't help that I felt like I was walking forever. The hall didn't look that big when I looked at it last. Swallowing my fear I slowly opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness.

It was strange that the hall seemed bigger, wider, and almost empty. Turning my head to the wall I realized there was no wall. Throwing my body back, my steps felt off like I was floating.

What the well is going on!

"Barbara," the familiar voice spoke again, "you came. I was getting annoyed here. I really do hate waiting." A strong gust of wind spoke me around like a snake circling me.

"Who are you?"

"Who am I!" it laughs. "You know who I am. Apart of me has been with you this whole time."

"What?"

"The Book," I said swirling around me again. "I've been watching you and I have to say you're doing a good job." Where are you? Damn it's so dark, I can't see. "Better," it said shining a light above my head making me go blind.

"Why are you hiding in the dark?" I asked.

"I don't want to scare you," it whispered behind me. Turning on my heel, trying to glimpse of this thing.

"You won't!" I spoke loudly trying to seem stronger then I am.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I said with my head up.

"Hmm, something's telling me you're lying. But! If you want to, I will do so."

Behind me I heard light footsteps coming from behind me. Slowly tuning my body around to see this supernatural being. I watched its legs, female legs, move into the light, then the rest of her body. It utter shock, my heart pounded like a speeding drum.

In front of me was a woman, short of my height. Long brown hair and eyes. Wearing a white, tight button shirt and black work shirt. What the hell is this?

Half crossing her arms together she took her left hand and pulled her glasses up. "Satisfied?" she said with a smile.

"Your... your..."

She grinned from ear to ear, "That's right Barbara. I'm you."

Sorry for the late update. I was on vacation and when I got back everything I had written was deleted. So I had to start over. Plus I have been doing a whole week of updates for another book. Thank you for waiting and I'll have another chapter up soon. So what do you guys think so far?