Chapter 18

It all happened so fast.

We ran to Anne's house. I didn't think about what had happen or how it happened. All I could was pray that Anne and her daughter was alright.

The closer we got to the house I started to slow down as Goliath ran up to the house, going around the side were you could see little of the front of the house. I could see just the feet of a body. I felt my body go weak as I wobbled around and collapse to my knees.

Anne? My vision was covered in tears, staring at her, lying on her stomach.

I couldn't say anything, couldn't do anything but stare in disbelief.

This is all my fault, I thought to myself. All my fault.

Finding the strength to put myself up I made my way to Anne, hesitating if I should turn her around. I say her back move and something in me didn't hesitate to pick her up and move her around so we could both see each other. "Barbara," she smiled when she opened her eyes. Why are you smiling? Why, I thought with my jaw shaking and my vision being taken away from me. I tried so hard to not cry, to not say anything.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I finally cried.

Her head was bleeding and her hand was covering a stab wound to her gut. "No this was not your fault," she coughed. "This was meant to be."

"No! This should have never happened!" I looked at her body and placed my hand on top of hers to put more presser to keep the blood in.

She shakes her head, "your book, I'm sorry Queen Ophelia has it."

"I don't care. Just save your strength," I cried.

I looked up at the house with the door broken down, I hear the inside of the house fall apart. Within the flames, in the doorway, I saw Goliath walk out of the house, caring what I knew was Myris, wrap in a brown blanket. I looked away, bowing my head as I squeezed Anne's shoulder.

Goliath made his way to Anne's side and lied the child next to her. Anne slowly turned her head and reach out, "my baby," she smiled with tears in her eyes. Slowly lowing Anne down she forced herself to lay on her side and pull her daughter close. "I'm here baby, I'm coming." She whispered.

As Anne closed her eyes, her body became still, but she still smiled.

Why? Why would you still smile after all this? Why?!

Goliath and I stood up on a hill, standing in front of the new grave we made for Anne and her daughter Myris. As I stood there I had this biggest headache from all the crying I did. I was depress, I was pissed off, and I wanted Ophelia to pay. They were good people. People who deserve more then they were given.

When I couldn't look at the grave anymore I stared down the hill. I could see Anne's house still on flames and the village people were doing nothing about it. No one even ran up to the house to make sure they were okay. That what made me mad the most. No ne helped, they just stared.

"Barbara?" Goliath spoke placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I never thought I would ever seen this and yet I did," I said trying not to cry anymore then I did. "It's not fair, we should have stayed." He didn't speak or interrupt me as I paused, "We could have been there for them. We should have never token their help! The book told me! And I didn't listen... I didn't listen... I did this... I killed them..." I cried, collapsing to the floor. Goliath took me into his arms and just embrace me. Nothing but embracing while I cried, taking his shirt and making a fist as I pull down.

He gently placed his hand on my head and let his hand slide down, repeating this movement over and over again as it slowly soothed me into a deep sleep.

The chapter is shorter this time because I thought it would be inappropriate to write anymore for this sad chapter.