Chapter 8

Warning maybe a little uncomfortable for some readers so please be aware. Thank you for reading.

I felt like a spell had been casted on me. I was frozen in time staring at the very thing that put me into this world. The red leather book. Clutching my teeth together as I swallowed my spit down my throat nervously. Slowly extending my hand I bent down. My hand was shaking. My fingers, twitching. I was breathing heavily out of fear as if the book would fly away and start running after me with teeth. 

Letting my fingertip brush against the cover, I quickly picked up the book as I snapped my body into a straight passion. Opening the book I had gone to the last page I read.

Reading, it had explained everything that had happened at that time but left one thing out. It didn't say anything about me saying I wasn't Gwendolyn and that none of this was real. Reading on I got to the part here I woke up... I mean Gwendolyn. But it didn't say anything about what I thought, but what Gwendolyn would have thought. About her sister's betrayal, how she had to stop her sister and fine away to get back to the kingdom without getting killed. Then there was The Dark One who spoke to her and again the conversion was different then what had really happened.

The book wasn't going to tell the reader that there was another reader stuck in the book. It would go on as if nothing happened. So everything I do will be different then what really happens in the book.

Glaring at the page reading the words, Gwendolyn slowly took off her clothes, with a sigh she took a step into the warm water. Wrapping her arms around herself she walked deeper into the water. Expanding her arms out she dipped her head back to wet her hair. She felt disgusting, her hair was cover in dry blood and god know what.

Shutting the book, I closed my eyes. My hair... covered in dry blood. Opening my eyes I placed the book on top of my clothes and walked through the small path that lead to the water. Dipping my toe in the water I was surprised it was warm. It was like stepping into a bath at home. Putting my whole foot in, I walked into the water, letting my body going waist deep.

Thinking about Gwendolyn's character I would assume that she was a total opposite of me. From what I read she may have swam to the waterfall. Unlike me who couldn't swim one bit. Not to mention she was cold yet secretly caring, she was what you would image a queen would be like. Strong, not easily scared, smart, has knowledge about war tactics, and was very sociable in and out of the kingdom. That was what I wasn't. I'm not strong, I get scared easily, not that smart, have no idea what war tactics, and I'm most definitely not sociable. The only people I ever talk to were Mr. Heller, Doctors at the hospital and my family. Sure, I maybe bold but that was only when I get annoyed or angry. But Gwendolyn wouldn't get angry so easily unless she felt like she could have done something.

Being a princess and losing both of her parents, these were all the traits she would have as she rebuild her kingdom back from the ashes and trying to be the best role model for her younger sister. If she didn't have her sister she would have been adopted by farmers or bakers. She would be the opposite of who she really is. I could almost see it now. If things did turn out differently it would be like little red riding hood, but with witches and werewolves.

Sighing, I made a cup with my hand as I scooped up some water and rub it onto my skin. I shivered to the touch, I was so warm. All I need are bubbles, candles, some music, and I'm in heaven. I flipped my hair forwarded and let my hair touch the water. I rubbed my hands in my hair to get the blood off and to my surprise it was coming out easier than I had thought. Slashing water over my head and rubbing I made sure that I had got it out. I had then bent down into the water making sure that I had gotten everything. Getting to my feet I looked at the water and strangely I couldn't find any trace of blood. The water was so clear, and fresh looking that it looked so unreal. This place is full of wonder.