Chapter 13

Leave it up to the book to have a floating island, I thought. I can see why Gwendolyn would be friends with a Valkyrie. With them having a floating island it meant that they had the ability to fly. They had to be great allies to have. The type of allies that you would try not to piss off because you knew if you did your whole kingdom was going to be screwed.

Looking out the window I watched Goliath plowing Anna's fields. From the corner of my eye Anne was hanging up clothes and her little daughter, helping, by handing her mother a piece of laundry at a time. Gazing out towards the field I watched Goliath stop for a moment, rubbing his forearm on his forehead to then taking his shirt off and putting it around his neck.

Oh, dear, lord. Look at that body. I felt a drop of drool run down the corner of my mouth as I leaned in towards the window. He was ripped. Six, no eight pack, big muscle, I found my eyes drifting down towards the V line over his pants and down. Licking my bottom lip, I brought my bottom lip in my mouth and bit down. Was he always this... hot? That night I didn't get a good look of him before but now I'm hoping he will give me the pleasure to see what's under those pants of his.

Anne walked passed the window and I quickly turned away while whipping my mouth as I straighten myself out. It would have been embarrassing if she caught me drooling over Goliath and that, I peek behind me to get another look, god like body of his. Anne opened the door baking my train of thought which may have been a good thing.

"How are you feeling?" she asked me when she looked my way while shutting the door behind her.

"Good. Thank you for all you have done for us. We will be leaving soon."

"Oh please, stay the night," Anne smiled.

"We couldn't," I said shaking my head.

"If you change your mind please don't hesitate to ask."

"Thank you." I smiled, "Your so kind."

Behind Anne her daughter clung onto her mother's dress. Anne placed her hand on Myris head, looked at the child and gave a worry like grin, "These days, you don't find people like us. After the last war the people have become cold and cruel. There is hardly ever a day when you can find someone who will show you any kindness."

Slowly lowering my eyes to the floor, I felt bad. Being a single mother must be hard. To have no one to help you. But I to know what that was like. "That's why we need people like you. To make a difference. With your kindness, it will make a chain reaction and restore what the people lost." I smiled, "We will repay you for your kindness."

"Oh no, your husband did more than that for me."

"Please, I won't take a no for an answer."

With a look of defeat Anne sighed a little, "Then I will look forward to it then."

Not to long after our chat, Goliath walked through the door. Without a shirt on I forced myself to look away. Looking down, I saw his pants stained in red. "What happened?" I asked quickly rushing to his side.

"It's nothing. I just fell on the blade." He scratch his head nervously as he avoided eye contact.

"How!?" I almost yelled like he was a child.

"The blade bent so I went to bent it back, but I slipped on a rock and hit my leg. There is no need to worry. It will be healed by tomorrow morning."

"No need to worry, you have to wash it and bandage it before it gets infected!" I bent down on one knee and lifted his pant leg. It was beep but not to beep. He may need sticking. "Is there a doctor in town?"

Anne mouth was covered when I turned around. "Ah... ah there not one doctor that would treat him."

"Why not!?"

"His a Lycan. No one would dare help one even if they wanted to," Anne said.

"Barbara, it's not that serious," Goliath tried to laugh it off.

"How is this not serious!?"

He placed his hands on either side of my cheeks as he rub his thumb gently, "Barbara, I'm not human. It's just a little scratch to me. So please, don't cry no more."

I didn't realize that I was crying until he told me, he whipped the tears as he gave me one of his gentle smiles. Drowning in his eyes I felt a pull on my heart. My stomach was marking weird flips and I didn't know why. Was... I feeling something towards him. Was it love or just that I was worried that I was going to do this mission of my alone. Deep down I knew it wasn't that I was scared doing it alone, I was scared being alone. I him by my side always.

"I'll run a bath," Anne said racing into the hall. At least I'm not the only one worried.

Giving Goliath a hand I helped him down the hallway, "Anne, do you have a hook and thread I can use?"

I watched her run out of one room and into another, "Yes!" she called out. It didn't take long for her to run out of the one room and meet us at the door leading into the bathroom. "Will this do?" she asked showing me a thin hook and red thread.

"It's good," enough I thought. But what do I expect, our time zone was far different. From what I have seen so far I was living in the stone ages and this was all I have. "Can you burn the hook for me?"

"Yes," she said running off.

With a sigh of relief, she was more nervous than I was. Taking my attention back to Goliath he was already taking off the rest of his cloth.

Oh god...

Finally I get to see what's under there. The blood rushed to my head as I felt some drool run down the corner of my mouth. I would be surprised if I had a dumb look on my face because boy, I am watch the god like body revealing itself to me. Watching him slowly lowering his pants down to his ankles I admired his round... muscular... rump. Ooohhhh yyeeeaaaa, I thought. Show mama the good stuff.

I felt like lowering my head to see what was between but he closed his legs together. Hiding from me are you? I stood up and walk around him as he turned his body the other way. I followed his movements but I couldn't get a good look. Now and a then I saw just a little but not enough to satisfy the eye.

Out of nowhere he wrapped a small towel around his waist. "Barbara?" I looked up to find his gaze. At this moment I knew I fucked up. "If you could, I like it if you don't stare at my manhood like a wild beast wanting to eat a sausage. It makes me a little uncomfortable."

"What?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Talking to the beast who tried to have sex with me when I was had just been attacked while naked, just the other day. What, you playing shy now? What changed?"

"I'm injured." He replied looking away. "It's awakening to be a man, and be helpless while someone is praying on me. And a woman at that."

I would be lying if I thought this was not funny because it was funny. He looked so innocent and cute, I had to really try not to smile or laugh at that matter. I didn't want to hurt his pride let alone have him get angry. Swallowing the urge to laugh or smile, "get in the tub."