Chapter 30

After a one more, almost, round of love making Goliath left me in the bed. With a quick kiss on the forehead he disappeared out the window the moment there was a knock at the door.

Silently laughing, he timing could never been better. We were almost found out but wouldn't mind that. No, this was a man I love. Why would I not what to tell the world I love this man.

"One minute!" I yelled rushing out of bed as another hard knock came from the door.

"Gwendolyn! It's your kingdom! It's under attack!" Charlotte yelled at the top of her lungs.

Throwing a random dress that was on the floor, I ran to the door and swung it open, "What!"

Charlotte took a step back, looking at me and drifting to the room and back to me, "What happened to you? That smell... he was in here! Gwendolyn!"

"That's not the problem right now! Is... is the kingdom really under attack."

Her face became hard as she glared down on me. "Yes, I got word just twenty minutes ago. We need to get ready for battle. Call your-"

"Husband," I announced before she could say mutt. I was sick and not in the mood for her bad mouthing him. He was special to me and if she is my friend she will respect that. It was not a surprise that she looked shocked or modified. "Let's hurry," I marched passed Charlotte with so much rage build up. I knew this was Gwendolyn's anger I felt. It took over my body, burning every part of me saying she was fired up.

Everything seemed to have been going so fast. It was just a week ago when I meet Goliath. Then Anna and Myris, spending a few days with them. Their death still scared me and then finally meeting Charlotte and the secrets that I have uncover. And just last night Goliath confessed and ask me to marry him. Now war.

"What about him?" she ask trailing behind me.

"He will take no part in this war," I hissed marching faster, not knowing where I'm going.

"We will need his help," she yell taking my shoulder and spinning me around to face her. "What's wrong with you!?"

"The Lycan king wants him, and Ophelia. I won't let them have him. He vowed my hand in marriage and I will be damned if I lose him. I won't forgive myself!" I yelled throwing myself back out of her reach.

"Gwendolyn," she spoke softly in pain.

"I can't bear to lose him. Let's leave before he finds out," I quickly took her hands into mine, "Please. Please, this is all I ask."

"Gwendolyn- if you love him. You will let him know. This is war Gwen. If something happens to you, think of the guilt that will be on his shoulders. You don't want that for him."

"I know your right," I cried squeezing her hands harder, "But I feel like... if he goes... I'll lose him forever."

It's was true something inside me screamed at me saying he was going too disappeared. That right after this war, he will die and not be able to tell him a second time I love him. That I'll wait for him, look for him. Some part of me hoped that I would stay here with him. But I knew. I knew the end was near. And it was going to hit hard.

I'll find myself at home, alone in a middle of a storm and then it will be just a regular day. Going to work, meet mom at the hospital, worrying about bills and getting a story out for Mr. Heller.

I don't want that. If he's not with me, I don't want that life. I don't want a life without him. Fuck, I thought. What's wrong with me? What am I a pussy? Grow some fucken balls Bar.

It's going to hurt when you leave, but is not the end of the world. No the end of the world is when you come home and the world is over run by zombies, I yelled to myself trying to make myself feel better. Just a little.