Chapter 24

Dinner was nothing but painful. As much as the food was amazing it was lonely without Goliath. Charlotte had insisted that men were not allowed in the building and he had to eat outside. No matter how many times I wanted to fight her I couldn't. The words would not come out and it was painful to sit there and enjoy a meal without him.

I knew with him around there would be food fighting and yelling with Charlotte around since they don't like each other. I could have seen myself laughing and then they would and may see that they are not all that different but that would be too easy. As stubborn as they were it pained me to look at the empty seats around just the two of us.

It didn't help that eating alone with Charlotte scared me more than when I first meet Goliath. She was weird around me that I had a feeling she had a thing for me. Whenever I made eye contact I could see lust in her eyes. As strange as it would it was hard for me to believe that Charlotte thought more of a friend to Gwendolyn. Not to mention if Gwendolyn knew or not. If they slept in the same bed and play dirty games or if Gwendolyn knew about but never showed it. Or that Gwendolyn was totally oblivious that her closest friend wanted to jump her bones.

I'm all for equality but this love triangle was going to be a problem. Now I can see why Goliath was so protective. He must have known but how would he unless they all knew of each other. Like childhood friends but Gwendolyn didn't know much about Goliath. But he knew of her. Well that would because she was well known and heard gossip about her. Or was there more to the tale, I wondered. Maybe it's just me thinking too hard. Yeah, that's it, I thought following Charlotte to the library.

"Gwendolyn, I don't see why going into the library will help us in the war. We both know what happened between the clans." Charlotte said peeking my interest.

"Maybe there will be something that we are missing." I calmly spoke glancing towards her then down the hallway.

"What? How the Lycan's are monster? How they betrayed our clans for their own selfishness?" she sighed.

Betrayed? So Lycan's were once allies to the other clans. But what happened? "Mistake were made. It's time we make amends."

"What are you saying!?"

I snapped my head towards her in a halt, "Did you not forget what we spoke about before supper?"

She sighed looking away, "I'm sorry. It's just, thinking about what the Lycan's did, just for power." So there was a greedy person who wanted power. That does sound about right, stories like that could and most definitely will start a war.

"Charlotte?"

"Yes?"

"What was it they did again?"

"You should know better than I do." We continued to walk in silence before Charlotte spoke saying "here" while opening large wooden doors. As she slowly opened the door I found myself slowly in an awe. I felt like I died and came back. This library was large, very large. Bookshelves that hit the ceiling. Books hovered the walls, row are row of book shelves. And at the end of the little hallway made by the bookshelves was a wooden desk with a big leather chair.

With my mouth dropping to the floor, Charlotte chuckles, "you act as if you never seen my library."

I do a nervous grin, "No, I was just thinking. How am I going to find what I'm looking for?"

"Just ask the Fairies. I'm sure they will help you find what you're looking for."

"Right," I spoke softly under my breath.

"Fairies!" Charlotte yelled as little balls of light appeared around the room. Four little lights of blue, green, pink, and gold. Stood before us, showing their form. With their light dying down. Four little women appeared all in on color. One was all blue, even her skin and so where the rest. But one was all green, pink and gold.

"Yes, your highness," they all said bowing at the same time.

"Queen Gwendolyn needs you assistance. Make sure she gets everything she needs."

"Yes, your highness," they spoke again.

"Gwen," Charlotte spoke sweetly as she turned her body slightly towards me while placing her hand on my back," If you will excuse me. I have a few things to do before nightfall. Will you be alright?"

With a little smile I nod my head, "I'll be fine." With another pat on my back she turned towards the door and left me. It took everything I had not to say anything about Goliath. But then again I had planned on calling him through my window like Rapunzel in hopes he hears. I didn't like the fact he was sleeping outside like a dog and not like a person.

In fact the short time we have spent together I found it odd how quickly I felt for Goliath. It was normal for me to want to help him but there was something else. When he held me, I felt safe, protected. I wanted him to be by my side and I want him here. With me, at this moment. I was feeling lonely without his company and-

"My Queen, what will it be you are looking for," the little gold fairy came forward, keeping her head down.

"Everything about Lycan and Witch history. At the time where the Lycan's betrayed the clans."

"Yes, my Queen," she bowed her head once more and the four fairies turned into little balls of lights and took different directions around the large room as I walked over to the desk.

I have to know what happened between the clans. It was clear the Lycan's wanted more power. But if they wanted more power does that mean Goliath had a part in it. I mean the Lycan king his scared of him so does that mean... that the Lycan's were the ones who made who Goliath is. And like in Frankenstein, the creator feared his own creation. Casting him to the side to live on his own. If that's true how, and why? These books must have an answer.