57. Rebellion - Luke

Start from the beginning

Your plan was pretty simple, whenever Luke saw you around the house, have a pile of unfinished homework next to you and don't do it. (Do it later when he's not around) Then when your report card gets sent back, show him your awesome grades. Again, you realized it was dumb and would just make him mad, but he made you mad and you wanted revenge.

It didn't take much to really rile him up either. That was demonstrated by his first reaction to the beginning of your plan. You were draped out across the couch watching The Office while your brother was in the other room. You had strategically placed a large stack of notes and worksheets next to you so that he could get a clear view if he walked by.

"Y/N!" He took the bait, screaming as soon as he peeked in, "What are you doing?"

"Watching TV?" You said dumbly, looking over at him.

"And what should you be doing?" He emphasized the word and then stared directly at your untouched work.

You shrugged, "can't think of anything particularly pressing at the moment..."

"Oh really?" He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows. We all know what that means! Mom Mode Luke™, when your brother is possibly even more pushy and over-the-top than even the most controlling helicopter parent. You were starting to get to him.

"Yup," you smacked your lips and grinned.

Luke looked like he was ready for steam to come billowing out of his ears, "then what is that?" He pointed at your homework, "And when is it due?"

You glanced down as if you were confused as to what he was referring to, then looked back up to him. "Oh that? Just some school stuff, no biggie."

"No biggie?" He rolled his eyes, "Yes biggie. When. Is. It. Due?"

"Uh," you leaned down and started to ruffle through it, "in pretty sure that one was due last week, this one is due tomorrow, this one I told Mrs. Mruz that you ate since we don't have a dog, er that one... I don't even remember when I got that one-"

Luke cut you off, "Y/N! A WEEK LATE! I ATE YOUR HOMEWORK?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?" You suppressed a laugh, instead asking him dead seriously.

"UGH!" He screeched, "ROOM NOW!"

"Okie dokie," you stood up, stretched, and headed toward your room.

"Y/N," Luke warned.

You stopped and turned around, "yesssss?"

"Take your work with you."

You did as he asked and it was the end of the discussion.

The next time around your 'distraction' was listening to music, and you had a textbook open in front of you.

"Don't want to be an am-ERICAN IDIOT!" You danced in your seat.

Luke walked in the room and you watched from the corner of your eye, pretending that you hadn't noticed him. He chuckled and nodded along to your dancing, watching you for a few moments with a grin, until he looked down at the table. When he saw an open textbook and completely blank assignment his smile morphed into a frown.

He marched over and pulled your earbuds out, "Y/N! Not doing your homework again?"

"Huh? No no no," you smiled charismatically, "it's all a part of my process, trust me Luke I'll finish it this time, I normally do."

"..." he just stood there, gaping at you.

"Earth to Luke," you waved your hands in front of his face.