Chapter 3

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient ones.” (Quran 2:155)

___________

Ramdan is a month of blessings and its only here for 30 days. Blessed are the ones who utilise it's benefits. Ramzan won't wait but this book can wait.'

"Where did you both go all of a sudden?" Rafiya enquired in her motherly tone as Rashiya'a and Rihab walked in with Shopping bags in their hands.

"Shopping Ammi, I have lots of gifts for you all!" Rashiya'a beamed, after saying Salaam and sat beside her mother in the luxurious pure black sofa and side hugged her Ammi.

"Do not hug me now, madam. I'm currently on angry mode." Rafiya grimaced and moved aside pulling her dupatta in which Rashiya'a had sat.

Rihab laughed as he sat in the black bean bag which was kept at the corner of the spacious hall near the French window which led to the garden.

"And what are you doing there? Come here." Rafiya was still furious.

"Mom, we were getting bored of sulking like everyone." Rihab didn't tell her that Rashiya'a had gone alone for shopping. It was a good thing that,  she had gone to her sisters place. And only he and Fiza knew about it.

"Whats wrong with an engagement break -up?" Rihab tried to reason out with his Ammi.

"Please Ammi, don't start the 'what will people say' dialogue." Rihab cut her off when Rafiya opened her mouth. Rafiya couldn't help but smile as she was about to say the same.

"Our Rashiya'a is beautiful in and out. She forgets her pain just to make everyone around her happy. She is one in a million, Ammi." Rihab said as he walked toward his mother and sister.

"He was not our Rashi's soulmate. Allah subhana wa ta'ala will send someone far far better than this one. Remember the Ayat, "Good men are for good women?" Rihab articulated as he kneeled down in front of her and Rafiya nodded as her eyes filled with unshed tears.

Rashiya'a walked past the round glass table and opened the French window and the cool breeze welcomed her, making her shiver as she tightened her dupatta around her.

She could still hear muffled sobs of her Ammi.

"It's just that, I.. I had thought of so many things to do on her wedding." 

"Ammi.. " Rihab glared at her. "Its not like he was the only guy in this whole world, and all your wishes will be fulfilled, INN SHAA ALLAH."

Rafiya nodded, her eyes twinkling as she placed a soft kiss on  her son's forehead.

Rashiya'a stepped into the garden barefoot,  walking towards the beautiful flower arranged in a row as they danced side to side with the cool wind, a warm smile grazed her lips as she held up the soft rose,  looking down at the mesmerizing
blend of crimson and green.

"Hey.."Rihab said as he stood beside her, while she gently caressed her delicate fingers on the rose petals.

"You startled me." Rashiya'a  jerked as she kept a hand on her heart and Rihab chuckled.

"You are so bad bhaiya!"Rashiya'a' smacked his arm.

"So tell me, what's going on?" Rihab said as he sat down in the soft green grass and patted beside him for Rashiya'a to sit.