Chapter 29

It's seriously a task to write with your toddler around.

#happy Reading!

---

If it's a mystery, it's meant to confuse you!

***
Allah has created death and life to test which one of you is best in deeds.” ―Quran 67:2. 

___

When you are too disturbed and frustrated to the level of infinity you don't seem to understand what's happening around you. The same was the case with Safina. She was lost in her myriad of thoughts as she woke up that day recalling her conversation with Rihab. She didn't know how to react or behave around him. Like an automated robot; she prayed, had breakfast, and just lost in her thoughts, she had gone to take a bath forgetting to take her clothes with her. 

And then when she saw him as she came out of the washroom she didn't want anything but the floor to swallow her whole being because of the embarrassment.
And then again her hair got messed up in the dryer that she felt so helpless and unwillingly she had to get his help. 

Safina closed her eyes, shaking her head in annoyance as she inhaled deeply, trying to calm herself.
And to top it all, she had hugged him back, much to her dismay.
She slumped on the two-seater sofa, clutching her head with both her hands as a lone tear escaped her eyes. 

"What's wrong with me? Why am I crying over silly things!?" She pondered as she wiped it off and straightened up in her seat.

"You weren't a crybaby Ms.Safina Mehek!" She said to herself as she walked over to the dresser and smiled at the person staring back at her. Her self. She looked at herself with a combination of pity and contempt.

"You were always your savior," she mumbled as she took out her comb and gently brushed her locks. 

"And you still are! You used to be my hero, you are the most optimistic person I had ever met in my life." She smiled a tight smile before turning on her heels to her almirah and took out another hairdryer and plugging it in, she dried her charcoal black waves.

"It's high time you get back to being normal, Safina Mehek" looking back at herself she stated as she forced the tears to retreat "And as your name says, be the pearl of fragrance and spread happiness!" She said as she took the scissor and did what she had never done before.

Finally, after a long time, she willingly smiled, promising to forget about all the mishaps and take it on her stride as life moves on.

With the thought of a new beginning, she gave herself a new look, for she knew it was time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings because every end is a new beginning.

With one last glance at herself after getting ready, she walked out of the room, and Rashiya'a who was just coming out of her room stumbled on her steps as she took in Safina's appearance.

"Did you... what?" Rashiya'a asked and stopped short in her sentence as she tucked back Safina's loose strand behind her ear.

Safina nodded with a calculating gaze as she asked, "How do I look?"

"Masha Allah, great job!" They both turned toward the source of the voice as it echoed in the hallway.

"Yes safi, you look so darn beautiful, I am sure... " Rashiya'a stopped short as she remembered she couldn't tease her the way she used to tease her as the circumstances didn't support it.

"You are sure that my husband will be head over heels for my new look?!" Safina's stance was bold as she completed Rashiya'a unfinished dialogue taking both the Yunus sibling with a surprise.