Preview

P R E V I E W

"Why have you kidnapped me"?She asked, her lips wobbling,feeling like crying but nothing came out. it was just a sort of sad sickness, sick sad, when you can't feel any worse.

"Don't put it that way, please!"

"Then how do you want me to put it, if this isn't kidnapping?!"She yelled at him, fuming in anger as she stood up from the bed.

He sighed, closing his fist as his jaws clenched and walked away without bothering to reply her.

She was tired; tired of asking him the reason; tired of crying; tired of yelling, her eyes were red and puffy. Her throat was chap and dry. Even though there was everything needed to eat, she didn't gulp even an ounce of water. Looking around the room in disgust, Safina covered herself with the black and white duvet,and unwillingly rested her head in the soft pillow and closed her eyes.

_________

Closing the gate behind her, She walked towards the door, with her hands full of different sized bags after doing loads of shopping for her cousin's wedding. suddenly her niqaab's knot decided to untie itself and fell on the green ground.From her peripheral vision, she noticed someone looking at her and her heartbeat accelerated involuntarily.

She wished that the earth would open up and swallow her to save her from the embarassing moment. Her black dupatta started swaying with the wind as she sat on one knee to collect her
nose-piece(niqaab) ignoring the stranger's gaze. As she got up she came face to face with him.

"Ya allah!"She muttered in annoyance, scrunching her nose as all the bags fell from her hand.

"May I help you?"

She looked up at the strangers voice.

"None of your business!"She replied even though she didn't want to.

"Don't you have manners?"She couldn't control herself when he sat on one knee in front of her to help.

"This is manners!"He said as they both stood up and he handed her the bag.

It was then Safina realised that she was alone and rushed inside.

"Hey Rihab..."She heard Daniyal calling him.

'So his name is Rihab.' She thought as she tried to control her fluttering heartbeats.

____

Safina jolted up from her sleep and hugging her knees to her chest, tears sprang out of her eyes like a two year old kid crying for his feeder. She wiped her tears, when the door flew open; not wanting him to witness her shattered state. he walked towards the round table and kept the plate filled with delicacies for her.

"Ms.Mehek, please.."He called, taking long strides towards her.

"Dont come near me!"She yelled and started throwing the things at him which were kept at the bed side table, while he dodged them and gripped her hands, stopping her from making further damage.

"Dont touch me. You make me disgusted with myself. You are a non-mehram." She pushed him with full force and he stumbled back.

"Then get ready for the Nikah!"He said, calmly after a long moment of silence and dashed out of the room.