You Can't

Haley's Pov.

I wake up in my bedroom with clothes on. Cameron's still asleep right next to me. I quietly get up and run downstairs to the basement.

I look in every room. No playroom. It was a dream. I whine and go back up to my room. When I re-enter Cameron's sitting up sleepily in bed.

"Morning princess." He says sleepily. "Good morning baby." I crawl on top of him and we cuddle for a bit.

"FOOD!" Khaleah yells from downstairs. Cameron picks me up like a bride and carries me downstairs. He puts me in a chair and gets me a plate of food.

I giggle and begin eating. "This is yummy." Something flashes in my eyes and I look at Khaleahs left hand. She's wearing a ring on her wedding finger.

Just then Jc comes out of their room. "How'd you purpose?" I ask.

Khaleahs Pov.

I continue to cook eggs and smile "Well..."

*** Flash Back ***

Jc took me ice skating. It was just us. We were the only ones in there. As soon as I'm in the middle on the rink rose pedals fall from the ceiling. Candles get lit around the whole rink and Jc skates to me. He gets down on one knee and my hand goes to my mouth as I begin to cry. "Khaleah Denise Macey, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life waking up next to you every morning. So please make me the happiest man alive and..." He opens the ring box revealing a ring with a heart shaped diamond. "Marry me?" My words are taken away. I nod frantically. As he gets up I jump into his arms and kiss him.

*** Flash Back Ends ***

"And that's how he purposed." "Awe!" Haley says. Cameron rolls his eyes. "I'm gonna do so much better!" Haley looks at Cameron.

He just blew it. "I mean at ice skating!" He says quickly. "Not at purposing. I don't wanna move to fast." He kisses Haley's forehead and walks out.

Haley frowns and picks at her food. "Awe I'm sorry." I rub her back and clean Ethan's face. "Mama." he says. "Ethan." I giggle and put the dishes in the sink.

Haley's Pov.

I tip toe into my room where Cameron went. "Cammy baby?" The balcony doors are open. I sneak out to the balcony and see Cameron standing there watching the sun rise.

"You look hot when the wind blows through your hair." He turns around and smiles at me. I wrap my arms around him and snuggle into his chest.

"When we had sex... in the pool... did you-" "Use a condom?" I nod and he shakes his head. I smile and kiss his chest. "Family." I whisper. "Family." He repeats.

I look down at my belly and smile.

*** 2 Weeks Later ***

Haley's Pov.

I sit on the toilet looking down at the pregnancy test in my hands. Negative. What the hell. Why would it be negative. He came inside me. "Cammy."

He runs in smiling. "Yes?" I frown at him. "I wanna go to the hospital." he looks at the pregnancy test. "Okay."

This was the 7th pregnancy test that said negative. I get dressed and head out to the car. Cameron opens the door for me and I get in rubbing my belly.

I watch out the window as Cameron drives us to the hospital. He stops in front of the doors. "I'll be in in a minuet. I'll park the car first." I nod and get out.

Going inside I go to the front desk and make an appointment with some doctors. I want to see if I can even have kids. Cameron come in and sits next to me.

"What are we doing here?" He asks. "I'm not sure if I can have kids." The doctor comes out. "Haley?" Cameron and I stand. The doctor leads us back into a small room.

I sit on the bed and Cameron sits on the chair next to me. "So what are you here for today?" The doctor asks.

"I wanna see if we can have kids." The doctor looks from me to Cameron. "Okay well I'll need to draw some blood first." He leaves and later comes back with two nurses.

I hold my arm out and Cameron hesitates. He hates needles. "Baby." I hold his hand and squeeze it as both nurses inserts needles in us taking our blood.

After that I have to take my pants off. I do so and the doctor shoves a stick thing up my vagina. "I'm gonna go run some tests and I'll let you know." He says leaving the room with the stick thing and our blood.

I pull up my pants and sit back on the bed. Cameron holds my hand and we sit in silence. About a half an hour later the doctor re-enters. He sits down with the clip board in his hand.

"Well?" I ask. The doctor puts on a serious face. "The condition isn't rare and it may be genetic but you can't have kids. Well I shouldn't say can't. You can but it would be highly highly unlikely. I'm sorry." I stare silently.

Then it hits me. I can't have kids. I start to cry and throw my head in my hands. Cameron rubs my back. I cry harder. It feels like I've been stabbed in the heart. "Take your time." The doctor says before leaving.

Cameron pulls me into his lap and I cry on his shoulder. I've never been so depressed in my life.