40 | Class A

I waited backstage for my cue to go on stage. I was mentally preparing myself to see the surprised looks on my classmates' faces, but... I do not think they would care much about it... After all, they would be glad to get rid of me anyway... Someone like me... Would be a threat against them... After all, I was going to kill one of them, if Karasuma had not stopped me... One or two of them would have died.

"Now then, I have one last announcement for everyone before this ceremony ends," the student speaker said. "Starting today, Class 3A will be adding a new member to their ranks. Until yesterday, she was in Class E."

Oh, it's soon my cue...

"However, with her diligent efforts, she has received excellent grades and has earned the permission to return to the main school building."

Asano passed me a slip of paper to read off from. "Now, go tell them."

"Well then, let us hear her words of joy!"

I grabbed the piece of paper and went in front of the stage. I fixed the microphone so that it was pointing at my mouth. I refused to look at my classmates. I was afraid.

I opened up the piece of paper and started the speech, "I have spent over 3 months with Class E. Simply put, that environment was hell. My classmates had no drive. Even the teachers had given up on us. I realized the price I paid for my slacking. I wanted to go back to the main school building. For that, I studied as if my life depended on it. I even changed my attitude towards my everyday life. From the bottom of my heart, I'm overjoyed that I'm able to return. I will work hard so that I will never fall into Class E again. That is all." I took a bow and started to walk further from the microphone, taking a quick glance at my classmates.

Ah right, ex-classmates.

They had shocked faces on their faces as I suspected. I bit my lip and averted my eyes away. Asano clapped loudly and said. "Welcome back, Muramoto-chan."

All the main campus students started to cheer for my 'achievement' really loudly. I gave a fake smile at them and left the stage quickly.

I hate myself for doing that.

+++

I was now talking to Karasuma-sensei. He needed to talk to me about leaving after all.

"I respect the choice you've made. I also trust you that you will not disclose anything about the assassination after you are an assassin," Karasuma-sensei said.

"I know that, but Karasuma-sensei I have a question. Could it be that you knew of me being in Class A from the start and wanted me in 3-E to help with the assassination?" I asked.

"..." He did not reply.

"Your decision only brought upon a bad effect to me as an assassin," I said. "That's why I returned to the real hell. It's where I have grown up to be in. The beautiful and happy place on top that hill. Everyone there live in a completely different world from me. If that's everything, I will take my leave."

I sighed as I got up to leave the room. Karasuma-sensei spoke up and said, "I apologize for taking you out from your natural habitat. Your contributions to 3-E won't be forgotten."

I faked a smile and turned to face him. "As if I am someone they want to remember." Then I left the room, only to find the strawberry blonde male leaning against the wall outside. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I remember that he was in the main campus too.

"Hey Chiharu," Asano greeted.

"Hello..." I sighed and crossed my arms. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to congratulate you on coming back one more time. Now, what is your true reason for wanting to come back?" Asano asked.

"It's exactly as the paper you gave me stated," I replied in a bored tone and started to walk away from him, only to have him follow me. I had to head to afternoon class and with this guy too... I think I prefer the red-head over him.

+++

"Hey Chiharu!" I heard a familiar voice shout my name. I was walking out of school when I turned to see my dear ex-classmates. "Care to explain? Why didn't you discuss this with us, Chiharu?" Isogai stared at me with a sadden expression.

"There's a reason for this right? We all had fun together during the regular school year!" Okuda shouted.

"The 10 billion bounty. Depending on how we kill him, it seems like they're going to raise it even more," Karma said. "I guess you do not need your share to help with your sister's medical bills. How selfish of you~"

"Can you guys guess how much that monster paid me?" I asked. They stared at me with a blank expression, unable to reply. "1 million yen, unbelievable right?"

They remained silent, after all, 1 million yen is an unbelievably high price for them.

"Being an assassin is not easy and our clients know that, we get paid way more than you can ever think of. The only reason why I had been getting smaller pay is cause I went to 3-E. My parents have been sending me lesser jobs so I can get back to 3-A. 10 billion yen. That is something I can easily get triple of now that I am getting back my normal line of work back. How did you think I managed to pay for my own housing and bills living in that house f mine? It is a much more efficient method in saving Hari-chan's life and another method to get my parents to acknowledge me once again."

"But, you are on a job to assassinate Koro-sensei..." Isogai protested.

"Sure, the reason could be to assassinate the octopus, but they are getting impatient, my parents told me, by Summer. It's passed Summer and the octopus is still alive right? That's why I got to go, sure there are other reasons, but these two are the only ones I care to say. If that's all, I will be going now, thank you for the past 5 months or so." I took my leave, bidding my ex-classmates goodbye for the last time.

A/N: To clear up any confusion. The reasons why Chiharu left are:

1. The deadline set by her mother was up and she had to go back to 3-A.

2. It was much more efficient to earn money if she went back to 3-A since her parents would give her jobs that paid more if she did.

3. She did not think she deserved to stay in a class like 3-E after what she did during the Summer.

4. 3-E made her feel emotions and as an assassin, it was deemed unnecessary so she had to get rid of them.

In the true story, it is Takebayashi (glasses guy) who leaves, but let's change that :3