49 | I Can't Kill Him

I was standing outside the building that Hari-Chan said they were at. Taking a deep breath, I gripped on the wooden bar and pushed the door open, revealing a long dark hallway. It was narrow enough for me to stretch my arms out and touch the walls. Along the hallway were a number of doors.

Great, now I have to find them... Or I could always call them...

I was about to dial Hari-chan's phone, but then I felt a presence in the dark hallway. I quickly put away my phone and was about to take out my gun, but I realised I didn't have any with me since Koro-sensei confiscated them for me to 'focus' on the date.

How darn convenient... Was this planned by Hari-chan as well?

I was still quite close to the entrance, I could quickly make a run out and get myself a gun, but... what happens to Karma?

I sighed and looked ahead with a blank, yet calm expression. I don't have a choice.

I closed my eyes and focused all my sensations to just my ears. I heard the person's breathing, it resembled a middle aged man. Then I heard a quiet fire of a gun. I focused on hearing the bullet pierce through the air particles and dodged it effortlessly.

The gun was one that I was familiar with. It was something I made not long ago. Hari-chan must have took it from my room. The bullets were real, there's no doubt about it from its metallic smell. However, this gun only fires one bullet a time and holds up to 3 bullets. Once he fires the remaining 2, I have a chance. I just have to be patient.

Karma, wait for me.

Another bullet fired and I dodged it quickly.

One more!

I heard slow footsteps headed towards me. It was messing up my concentration.

Calm down... Just focus on the bullet. There's one more.

Then he shot it, I quickly ducked and charged at the guy, knocked him down and punched him as hard and fast as I could until he was unconscious. When I stopped hearing his breaths, I opened my eyes and saw a man I did not know.

I've never met him before, where did Hari-chan find him? I was expecting someone we met through jobs since neither of us knew a lot of people. Oh wells...

I got off him and took my gun out my his hands. I searched his pockets for bullets and found some, reloading my gun with them.

I looked up and saw a closed door in front of me. This must be it.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I turned the knob and opened the door to the sight of Hari-chan seated down on a wooden chair in front of me and near her was Karma lying against a wall, unconscious. He had blood bleeding out of his forehead and his clothes were stained with red. The sight of him beaten up made my blood boil and I could not help but glare at my sister.

"Why are you glaring at me?" Hari-chan questioned. "I did my half, now it's all up to you, the other half, to finish it."

Karma was beaten up badly by Hari-chan. It appears that they both had a pretty harsh fight. No matter how strong Karma is, there's no way he can win against her. She's been trained in assassinating people with those moves of hers. If she wanted, she would probably have killed him, but she waited for me to come... So I will be the one who stains my bullets with his blood.