18 | A New Friend

"What's that?" I asked and pointed at the huge metal box at the corner of the classroom.

"Our new transfer student," Karma replied.

The box started shaking and it spoke, "Good morning."

Then a girl with purple hair showed up on the little screen. "As of today, I will attending the school. I am the 'Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery'. It is a pleasure to meet you."

+++

"I believe all of you already know, but allow me to introduce the transfer student," Karasuma-sensei said.

"Please treat me well," she said.

Koro-sensei seemed to be amused over the situation.

"You better not laugh. You're the same sort of side show act," Karasuma-sensei said in an irritated tone. "I'll say this to start. 'She' is an AI with a face who has been registered as a full fledged student. Though she will be pointing her guns at you from back there, you cannot counterattack against her because you made a contract as a teacher that 'inflicting injury on the students is not allowed'."

"I see. Using my own contract against me so I'm to treat the machine as a student despite its appearance. Very well. Autonomously thinking fixed artillery-san. Welcome to Class E," Koro-sensei said.

+++

As Koro-sensei started teaching, I kept observing it. It does not seem to have any guns attached to it so how does it attack?

Suddenly, the box started to shake again and the sides opened with guns protruding out. Bullets started firing at an excellent speed, however Koro-sensei seemed to avoid them effortlessly. I examined the guns 'she' 'held'. There were four shotguns and 2 machine guns.

"4 shotguns and 2 machine guns. This is quite a heavy barrage, but the students here do this sort of thing on a regular basis," Koro-sensei said. "Also, firing guns during lesson time is prohibited."

"I will keep that in mind. Continue, and I will adjust my attack," it replied. "Recalculating trajectory. Modifying angle of fire. Switching to self-evolving phase 5-28-02." Then, guns came out again and started firing again. This time it managed to hit one of Koro-sensei's tentacles!

"Right fingertip destroyed. Effectiveness of expanded secondary gun confirmed. I'll study the target's defense pattern, repeatedly alter my weaponry and program and little by little eliminate his means of escape. The killing probability of the next shot is less than 0.001%. The killing probability of the shot after that is less than 0.003%. The probability that i'll be able to kill you by graduation is more than 90%," it said. "I look forward to learning from you Koro-sensei. Continue, and I will adjust my attack."

+++

By the end of the day, the classroom floor was already filled with bullet pellets.I could tell the frustration building up within my classmates. Besides, it is not like picking a fight with a robot, not to mention an assassination AI robot will do any good.

"Haru-Haru, how did you find the new student?" Karma asked.

"No comment," I commented and grabbed my bag once I finished clearing my area.

I am actually quite angry to be honest. I was unable to carry out my own assassination plan because of her constant shooting. But, being an assassin for so many years, I have learnt how to control my emotions. When in face of another fellow assassin, I would give him or her no comments on their assassination style and techniques, unless I acknowledge them as a friend or ally. I do not consider this thing, my ally. Nevertheless, 'she' will be my classmate for the rest of the school year. I hope we will get along well.