20.5 | A Fated Meeting

A/N: Valentine's Day Special

Love was in the air, but it was certainly not the same air I was breathing in. I was out of Japan doing an assassination of a noble with my twin sister, Chihari.

"Haru-chan! What are you thinking of?" Hari asked.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day... Look at all those naive and innocent couples. It is so irritating... And I don't know why," I replied.

"Oh? Haru-nee, do you most possibly want to have a boyfriend to go celebrate Valentine's with?" Hari asked with a smirk.

"Wh-what?! O-Of course not!" I exclaimed, my cheeks were heating up from the embarrassment. "That was not what I was trying to say..."

Hari giggled and smiled, "Just kidding, you can't possibly go on a date, after all we are suppose to disguise ourselves and enter a noble's Valentine ball tomorrow."

"Exactly..." I replied.

"Come, let's pull out some cards..."Hari said and took out a packet of tarot cards she brought along as part of her disguise set. I decided to go with it and did as she told me to.

"Hmm? It says you will make a fateful encounter at the ball tomorrow," Hari said and smiled mischievously.

"There's no way that can be true," I said.

"You never know~" Hari giggled. "It could be your future boyfriend."

"Quit it!" I shouted and placed my arms akimbo with a pout.

+++

"We are here," Hari said as we managed to get through the security into the ball. It had already started and the music was playing, everyone was dancing. Our target was one of the guests attending the ball, code named 'Ash'. He is infamous in the underworld dealing with drugs and he is so slippery, the cops cannot catch him. Through elaborate sources, we managed to find out his true identity, Mr Idgas (I don't give a shit), an uncouth noble.

The ball was a masquerade ball, meaning everyone wore a mask. The only way of identifying the noble, we learned of the reason of his alias 'Ash', it's because of the his red hair, and that's how we are going to identify him.

"I spotted him," I muttered when I spotted the distinct red ash of a hair he had, but he was rather short, a bit taller than me.

"Wrong person Haru, that's a kid," Hari sighed. The boy I spotted turned around and we made eye contact. He was a child and he looked around our age.

"Oh, wrong person," I said, slightly embarrassed. Then, the boy walked over and greeted, "Hello. Nice to meet you two ladies. I don't believe we met before."

"We never met before," I said bluntly. Hari looked around looking for Ash, leaving me with the red headed boy.

"Blunt, aren't you," He laughed.

"This may be a masquerade ball, but I can recognize those eyes you have. The eyes of death that can easily spot a target and killing him or her, am I right?" He asked.

I gaped, but did not reply.

"Just kidding," he laughed. "Happy Valentine's Day. My name is Akabane Kar-"

"Haru! I found him!" Hari rushed over and told me, cutting the boy off.

"Okay," I said and left the boy all alone.

We were only 10 and had no idea what the future would hold... Who would have I thought, I did make an encounter with a fated boy that day... If only Hari-chan was around to meet him...

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day! You thought I abandoned this book, didn't you? Well, you are wrong! I would never abandon my Karma Fanfiction. So I wrote a short special chapter on Valentine's Day since it's today. The next chapter is still being written, don't worry. Enjoy your day with your special someone, I will be spending it with anime :)

#foreveralone