38 | What it means to kill

Boss told me to go to the rooftop since I am simply a paid assassin, I had to do what he told me to do. I stood at a corner of the rooftop. It was a rather huge rooftop with a helicopter pad in the middle. He must have broke down that practically everyone was here or something. I sighed as I stood against the railing and waited for them to come up. I wonder how my dear classmates will react to this. My betrayal...

Then I heard footsteps coming up the metal stairs. The door swung open with the huge figure of my boss coming through with the luggage with the antidote. My classmates along with Karasuma-sensei walked out to the roof. They did not seem to have noticed me, their attention focused on our old teacher. I hid in the shadows and glared at the dastardly ex-teacher.

"Did you have a change of heart, Takaoka?" Karasuma asked. "You hired hitmen with money stolen from the Ministry of Defense and you violently threatened students with a virus."

"Hey, I'm extremely upright!" Takaoka shouted. "This was a plan to save the world. If you had let those two obediently bring me the bounty. In my plan, that girl, Kayano or whatever... I was originally supposed to use her. I completely filled the -bathtub in the room with anti-sensei material and then I'd have her go in while holding the bounty. Then, I'd bury them alive in cement. In order to return to his original form without touching the anti-sensei material, he would have to set off an explosion which would affect the students and all. But Koro-sensei is so considerate of his students. He wouldn't do such a horrible thing, right? I thought he would just quietly dissolve. The moment I realized you had all snuck in here, I was shaking my boots, but... My goal is still pretty much the same because of mood will determine how many of you live."

He is going to kill my classmates... Did he ask me up here to watch? Or is he going to kill me as well?

"Do you think you'll get away with an act like this?" Koro-sensei asked.

"This is still a humane method. Compared to what you guys did. Compared to that inhumane treatment. The humiliating gazes and that knife from the sneak attack... They all feel so itchy whenever they cross my mind. I can't even sleep at night!" Takaoka shouted. "I'll respond to lowered reputation with results. I'll return the humiliation I received with even more humiliation. Especially you, Shiota Nagisa. I'll never forgive you for tainting my future!"

It must be because of before... What a sore loser...

"Heh so that means you called Nagisa over to clear your resentment. Would you really be happy from going all out on this little guy? I might be able to provide you with a little more entertainment, though," Karma said with a slightly pissed expression.

"You're going senile. You just lost to Nagisa with rules you set yourself. Let me tell you something. Whether you won or lost back then, we still would've hated your guts," Terasaka said.

"I never asked you rug rats for your opinions! Don't forget that I can get rid of half of you damn rug rats with the tip of my finger!" Takaoka shouted and slowly clicked the bomb button. I panic and shot the bomb button out of his hands. Everyone stared in shock as it flew out of his fingers.

"If you do anything to kill my classmates, I will kill you," I said, gritting my teeth. I am screwed now...

"Muramoto! Don't you dare forget that you are working for me! Do that again and I will spread to everyone I know that you are a horrible assassin! You will never get jobs again! Your parents won't be very pleased will they?" Takaoka asked.

I froze at the thought. If my parents learned about this... They might kill Hari-chan... I gritted my teeth and changed my gun's direction to my classmates. My hand shaking slightly. I pointed it at Karma. He is my target anyway.

"How about this? Muramoto, kill the rest of them, you can do it right?" He asked.

"Haru-Haru..." Karma muttered in shock.

"It cannot be helped. Haru-chan is an assassin after all, even if she is a classmate of ours. If she has a job, even if it meant to kill her classmates. She has to do it," Koro-sensei sighed.

"I'm sorry everyone, it can't be helped right?" I asked. The first shot I made was passed Karma by an inch. "The first time I held a gun was when I was four. The first person I killed was when I was six. Up to today, I have killed thousands of humans. I have a question for you guys. Do you really know what it is like to kill?" The next shot I made was at the crystallized ball. I laughed softly. "It really is invincible."

Someone stop me... Or I might really kill them...

I aimed the third shot at Karma's heart. I shot it, but it got blocked by Karasuma-sensei who stood infront of him. Sensei is practically inhuman, but from what it appears he got hit point blank by Smog's spray.

I backed away swiftly as he charged at me. However, he outmatched me and kicked me into my gut. I winced in pain as blood spurt out from my mouth. He was way too strong... I fell to the ground and my vision blacken.

+++

I woke up to a throbbing headache and the repeated beeping sound. I looked around me. All I could see was white walls and as I looked down, I saw a drip attached to my hand.

I sat up to get a closer look at where I was when I felt an excruciating pain on my stomach. "Ouch!" I winced in pain, gingerly rubbing the bandage around my stomach involuntarily. The door opened and someone walked in. His red hair being blown by the wind coming from out the window.

"You are finally awake," he said with a smirk. "Karasuma-sensei knocked you down hard. You have been in a coma for a week.

"Ah..." I muttered as I remembered the events. "It has been a week..." I shot up in realization and asked, "Is everyone okay
?!"

"Everyone is alive," he replied. I sighed in relief when I heard him. "So the reason why you couldn't join us was because you had a job. That's too bad... But, you were serious about killing me won't you?"

"Of course, you are my target after all," I replied.

"Right... Try it then, kill me," Karma challenged and threw a gun at me that was hidden in his jacket. Catching it, I swiftly aim it at his head. Then, I heard someone talking outside and threw the door's window I saw armed men. I must be under government protection after that incident. I put the gun down and shook my head. "If I killed you now, those men outside would kill me instantly, wouldn't they? Anyway, this gun is empty, isn't it?"

Karma laughed and nodded. "Glad to see that you are all right now, I will tell those officials that you are awake. They want to interrogate you about Takaoka. I heard the other three say that you knew the least about the plan since you were our classmate and Takaoka was afraid that you tell us so you should let off easily. See you when school starts." He left the room swiftly after.

Everyone is fine, I wonder what happened after I passed out... I will ask them when I see them again... But that probably won't happen... I will be out of 3-E when school starts...