39 | Summer Festival

"Koro-sensei... So you are alive..." I sighed as I got the octopus as my visitor. I was still contained in the hospital room. The officials seem reluctant to let me go even though I am almost completely healed. Their interrogation was rather light compared to what I thought it would be like. They took away my weapons so my escape options are limited.

It has been weeks since the assassination, other classmates has came to visit me besides Karma but they seemed uneasy meeting me. I do not blame them, after all, they witnessed me try to kill them. It was bound to happen though. Regardless of relationships, I am an assassin. It was bound to happen.

"Of course, how are you feeling Chiharu-chan?" Koro-sensei asked and placed his basket of fruits on the table. He noticed the many flowers in my one vase. "I see that they have visited you."

"I'm doing fine... If that's all you wish to say, please leave me alone..." I sighed.

"A-Ah wait! I have one more thing to say! You are going to be discharged today," Koro-sensei said causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"So? Why are you telling me this?"

"Tonight at 7, if you are free, we're meeting at Kunugigaoka Station to go to the Summer Festival," Koro-sensei said.

"Summer Festival?" I asked.

"Do you know what that is?"

"Of course I do," I scoffed. I always saw fireworks from my room when I was younger, Hari-chan and I used to watch them together all the time. We once snuck out of the house to check out what it was that was being celebrated. We saw girls dressed up nicely in yukatas and people smiling and laughing. However, the world over there felt so bright in our eyes so we just stayed in the shadows and watched. "I will see if I can go..."

"That's great! I will be off to ask everyone else!" Koro-sensei exclaimed and flew out the window.

A summer festival huh... With everyone else... One last time.

+++

I went to the station after heading home to get ready. I found a yukata in Chihari's room unexpectedly. It was a beautiful blue yukata with flowery patterns all over. It was light, but annoying to walk in. I was lazy to do my hair honestly. However, I believe the government did some sort of check in my house and confiscated my guns. I called the house to send me some of my other guns. So for now, I cannot kill Karma.

Don't worry about it Chiharu, think of it as an endurance trial...

"Chiharu?" I heard someone call out my name in shock. I guess I was also rather early at the station, was I excited? Maybe? I turned around and saw Nagisa and Kayano together.

"Hey guys," I greeted with a smile. Those two were the most neutral when visiting me so seeing them here made me feel slightly better.

"I did not think you would come," Nagisa said. "How are your injuries."

"Well, Koro-sensei visited me this morning and I am completely healed," I replied.

"Glad to know you are fine now," Kayano sighed. "I have been pretty worried since Karasuma-sensei did punch you pretty hard." Kayano was wearing a yukata too and she fits so well in it.

Everyone else started coming out from the station doors. Isogai, Maehara, Chiba, Hayami, Yada, Kurahashi and Kanzaki came. I guess that is everyone... They stared at me with uneasiness in their eyes. I do not blame them at all. They did not even talk to me. They blatantly ignore me and chatted with everyone else. Nagisa keeps trying to include me, but everyone else still ignored me.