25 | Akabane Misako

CHIHARU'S POV

"Haru-chan, are you okay?"

"Yup, I'm fine now. I'm really sorry I ruined all your efforts... I guess it really hit me back home..." I chuckled nervously.

"Hit back home as in... When you were an assassin?" Nagisa asked.

I gulped and nodded silently. Everyone seemed to be hesitating to speak, while Karma was in the bathroom calming himself. Honestly, I don't think I can face him normally again. The way he scolded me earlier... It reminded me of my father, except it felt a little different. It was full of worry and anger. I did not understand why, but it made me feel so uneasy that I hated it. I never wanted to see him like that. Never again.

"It's really okay though. It just that the last part... Reminded me of something..." I replied nervously.

Maybe I should visit her... I have been hesitating on going to the hospital ever since that day... Yea... I should go visit her...

"Hey guys, I have to go first. Tell Karma that I am sorry for making him worried and that I went home," I said and got up.

"O-Okay..." Kayano replied. I waved goodbye with a smile and left.

+++

I had gotten to the hospital, it was surprisingly close to the amusement park. Hari-chan was shifted to the upper floors and in a much more secured room. With my heart in my mouth, I pushed open her hospital room door and my eyes laid onto the sleeping patient.

She looked better and that made me a littler more at ease. The doctors told me they managed to save her from dying and prolonged her survival, but her waking up was still not confirmed. I took quick steps to her bed and sat on a stool next to her bed. I held her hand and started to talk.

"Sorry for taking so long, I was sort of scared to come back after I heard you were going to die, but you are fine now and that makes me sort of relieved... Hari-chan... When will you wake up? I can't feel complete without my other half... Onee-san..." I cried softly while resting my head on her bed. A small tear escaped my eye and flowed down my cheek as I closed my eyes to rest.

+++

??? POV

"Stupid little girl... You are going to catch a cold like this..." I sighed as I walked towards the grey-haired girl fast asleep. "You make me so worried..." I ran fingers through her soft long hair. Slowly and carefully, I carried her up. I glanced towards her twin sister lying unconsciously on the bed.

"Hey. My name is Akabane Karma, I am going to make your sister my wife one day," I said with a smirk. "Nice to meet you Chihari-chan."

+++

CHIHARU'S POV

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on a huge bed in a familiar, yet unfamiliar room. I glanced out the window and it was already dark out.

Where am I? It looks like someone's bedroom, but whose was it?

I got up from the bed and walked around the room. It was pretty big... Whose room was this again?

The door opened and the red headed male walked in, half naked. I quickly covered my eyes and turned around. I think I just died from blushing.

"Wh-What are you doing?!" I asked in frantic.

"Me? I am just going into my room to go check on you," Karma replied.

Oh right! No wonder it look so familiar. This was Karma's room, the last time I was here was when he was sick I believe.

"P-Put on a shirt then!" I told him.

"Nah, I just took a shower," Karma replied. I could actually feel him smirking in amusement behind me, stepping closer to me. He whispered into my ear, "You don't like it?"

"Uh... EXCUSE ME!" I pushed him away and got out of the room, shutting the door and rushing to the next room and locking it.

Wh-Why am I in his house?! I am not ready to face him at all! The last I remember is being with Hari-chan, did he carry me here?! How did I not wake up?

I glanced around and realized I was in someone's study room and it looked like it was recently used. I took a look at the papers on the table. They were marriage proposals addressed to Akabane Misako, I read a little of it and learnt it was proposals for one of their daughters to marry Karma. Akabane Misako was Karma's mum?

"Haru-Haru! I have worn a shirt, where are you?" Karma asked loudly outside the room. I stopped reading and unlocked the door, walking outside. He stood at the end of the hallway with a shirt on. Thank god.

"I'm here..." I called out to him. He smirked and walked over with clothes and a towel.

"Here, the shower is just over there," he pointed to the door at the end of the hallway and passed me the towel and clothes. "I will be making dinner. After you shower come straight to the dining room downstairs."

"O-Okay... Thank you," I replied and went to the shower. He was being so nice... Too nice as a matter of fact...

I filled the tub with water, then carrying on with taking off my clothes, then soaping myself.

I can never understand it... He said he loved me at the school trip, he kissed me before, but I don't know how I feel about him... After all, he is my target and I keep forgetting that.

I washed the soap off with water, then dried myself with the towel. I wore the clothes he gave me. It was a beautiful white dress. When I got out of the toilet and headed down to the dining room. The house was so big. I wondered where his parents were and if he had siblings. I heard someone opening the door, the person who stepped in was not Karma though she sort of looked like him. She had the same shade of red in her hair, but had black eyes instead of gold. She wore a beautiful dress and had a beautiful figure.

"Oh? Could you be the girl Karma has been talking about?" She asked. "Muramoto Chiharu right? Nice to meet you."

"Uh... Yes, I am Muramoto Chiharu... Nice to meet you..." I replied.

"Did Karma not tell you about me? I am Akabane Misako, Karma's mother," she introduced.

Oh! So she is Karma's mother. She looks so beautiful.

"Oka-san, welcome home," Karma greeted as he entered the room. "Please take a seat, I have prepared dinner."

"Hello Karma dear, what did you cook?" His mother asked and took a seat at the long dining table.

"I knew you were coming back today, so I made your favourites," Karma replied. "Haru-Haru, would you mind coming to help me with serving?"

"S-Sure," I replied and went out with him to the kitchen.

Karma sounded so formal and dignified. The atmosphere around him was so different!

"How did you find my mother?" He asked as he passed me the plates of food.

"She was very pretty and kind, unlike you," I replied.

"Ouch, I am so kind I like to ask a favor of you. Would you pretend to be my girlfriend?" Karma asked.

A/N: This is so freaking cliche, it makes me cringe, but here it is XD Next chapter ought to be interesting ;)