Chapter 5 - Marking Me

Hey awesome people :D I think it's so cool to see how many people read this stuff I make up... hahaha. I also think you're all crazy to like it, but it makes me super happy anyway :D So thank you to everyone who's reading this and voting. I'd still be writing but definitely not this often... LOL.

So... I hope you like it, and appreciate the absolute lack of effort to edit it.... and that was sarcasm... lol. Well, at east I manage to restrain myself from putting in a whole bunch of elipses all the time... I'm addicted to pushing the fullstop button three times... *blushing*... as you can see, hahaha.

Read on! :P

Chapter 5

“Shade?” Nixie and Cassie both took deep, relieved breaths.

“How can there be shade, the sun isn’t even out?” Shade rolled her eyes and looked at herself pointedly.

“Whatever Shade, just don’t do that again okay, you scared the living daylights out of me!” Cassie exclaimed quite loudly in Shade’s face.

“Cassie,” Nix grabbed onto her shirt and pulled her back. “Just calm down okay, we’re fine.”

“On the contrary, no you’re not.” Shade suddenly looked up and gasped. Nixie and Cassie followed her eyes and all three stood shocked as they stared, terrified of the dark mass that was seeping through the trees to settle around them. “We must leave.” Shade grabbed a hold of Nixie’s arm and reached for Cassie’s.

“What is that?” Cassie flinched away from Shade and started to run down the street. She’d barely gone two metres when a shape dropped from the sky and landed not a foot in front of her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” The deep male voice was menacing and the dark leather coat that covered his body made the sight all the more terrifying. Cassie stood, frozen. Nixie could not move fast enough to reach her. Cassies whole body slumped to the ground.

Shade held on tightly as Nixie tried to squirm free and make her way to Cassie’s still frame on the asphalt.

“Stop moving you idiot, stay right here or you’ll die.” Shade whispered urgently in Nixie’s ear. Nixie froze, becoming just as still as Cassie. She could barely breathe. A cool breeze swirled around them both as two other figures settled around them.

“What do you want, night-flyers?” Shade’s voice carried through the air. A small hissing sound came from one of them and its wings spread wide. Nixie blushed as she realised that what she had assumed were clothes, were actually wings and that the ‘night-flyer’ was naked beneath them. The cold breezed turned into a moderate gale of wind that spun around them. Nixie felt her clothes flap violently in the wind that grew stronger and stronger; her feet lifted slightly from the ground and she clung onto Shade for help.

The wind came to a sudden halt. The sound of a second hard slap to the face travelled through the air. Nixie and Shade turned to see that a fourth figure had joined them. Her dark-red hair was long and flowing down her delicate back. Her wings folded differently to the other’s, they did not cover her frame so completely. Nixie’s eyes grew wide at the sight of the nude, winged woman before her.

The female night-flyer turned around to stare into Nixies eyes, only giving Shade a quick glance. Her eyes were penetrating, a bright green like newly sprouted grass. Her features were softly angular, and her skin was pale as the moon. Nixie stepped forward, having the sudden unexplainable urge to touch it.

“Nixie, no!” Shade pulled her back sharply. Nixie struggled in her daze and the night-flyers moved as one.

“Release her, Shade!” The female night-flyer was on point as the group closed in on the struggling pair. “Shade just let her go, and you won’t get hurt.” She moved in closer until she was only a foot away. Nixie reached and grabbed onto her hand.