Plot Summary and Character reference

Plot Summary

Nixie is saved by Alona when she nearly drowns at a Body Boarding contest. Alona takes Nixie’s lifeless body back to her beach house where they play games and she attempts to seduce her. Alona tells her father of Nixie. Gavin (Earth Prince) reveals the presence of a Tenebris (Darkling) on Earth. Alona takes Nixie home after Nixie accidentally hears King Avner’s voice. Nixie argues with her mother and leaves to spend the night at her friend Cassies house. Cassie informs Nixie that Helen (Nixie's mother) had been to the beach where they’d all been searching for Nixie and that her appearance there had been the cause of Helen and Peter’s break-up. Alona is informed that four night-flyers escaped White Noise Prison and among them was Mirah. Amun, Nero and Layton were the other escapees.  Nixie, Cassie and Shade are on a dark street when Mirah, and the other night-flyers corner them and Nixie is lifted into the air. Alona and her men had showed up and tried to rescue Nixie and her friends. Cassie’s memory is erased and she’s sent to a mortal hospital. Nixie is taken to the Supernatural Hospital: Caduceus. King Avner and Queen Raya argue (Alona's parents and king and queen of the Light kingdom). When Alona leaves Nixie’s room Mirah appears and Shade discusses Mirah and Alona’s past and Nixie’s etching. Alona informs Nixie that she is in another dimension. Nixie is told about being in another dimension and takes it well (pain meds). When Alona leaves, Nixie confesses anxiously to Shade that she had a dream about the place and thinks that she’s been there before (Shayden’s past was the dream – mind link). Queen Raya and Alona discuss Alona’s future as queen and Raya sees Nixie. Raya tells Nixie that she understands why she (Shayden) chose her but Nixie doesn't know who (Shayden) Raya was talking about. Alona tells Nixie of Cassie’s good health and transfer to Caduceus. Alona leans in to kiss Nixie but is rebuffed. Alona and Shade take Nixie home and leave to their home dimensions through The Port (Blue Plain Two’s portal). Shade informs her Grandmother Queen Emelda Marrick of all that has happened with Alona, Nixie and Mirah. Shayden expresses her fears of revealing herself to Nixie, and Mirah consoles her. Nixie is in a beach shop with Alona when Mirah and Shayden walk in. Nixie leaves with Shayden and Mirah and they go for a ride. Mirah slams on brakes, Nixie is nearly shot and Shayden confesses her feelings for Nixie. Mirah drives them to the Eastern Tunnel where there are passages (hidden by a rune-covered, stone door) that leads to The Port. They’re being pursued by light guardians. They escape through the Port and arrive at Falls Plain. Shayden explains that she’s a night-flyer, explains what a mate is and lets Nixie know about her twenty tentacles. A brownie is following Shayden, Nixie and Mirah.  Mirah makes beds for them and Nixie and Shayden share. Nixie is upset because she thinks Shayden has another mate. Shayden wakes in the night to cuddle a freezing Nixie and battles with her inner beast. When they wake the next morning Shayden leaves Nixie and Mirah alone. Mirah, thinking that Shayden has told Nixie that she’s Shayden’s mate, talks to Nixie about it and accidentally reveals the truth. Nixie assumes that Shayden didn’t tell her because she’s unhappy with who her mate is and leaves. Mirah goes to find Shayden and tells her about revealing the truth to Nixie accidentally. Shayden attacks Mirah before she finally lets Mirah speak. Mirah tells her Nixie’s thoughts and Shayden set off to find Nixie. She’s perched on a tree when she hears Nixie and Mirah scream at the same time from opposite directions. She chooses to go to her mate first and finds a man standing near Nixie; she attacks him. Nixie confronts Shayden about her rejecting her and Shayden dispels Nixie’s thoughts. Shayden and Nixie kiss and have a heated exchange which is interrupted by the mystery water-nymph (Nixie’s father). Lars reveals who he is and Mirah’s sharp cry is heard. Shayden flies off to save her. Nixie discovers some of her powers (which impresses Lars), and they hear Shayden’s cry as she dives through the portal after Mirah. The Portal of Fall Plain is destroyed. Lars tells Nixie about her powers and her ability to teleport. He also tells her that he is King of the water kingdom and that she is his only heir. Nixie heals a tree she split in anger and then she has the confidence to finally transport herself with her father. They arrive at the gates of the water kingdom. King Lars explains that Nixie and Shayden’s alliance will be feared beyond even that of his parents’. Lars tells her of how his father came to marry a siren princess. He explains that he left to keep her safe in case she had any siren abilities.  They enter through the gates and Nixie is separated from Lars. She lands in the market square and meets a girl. The water sprite guards (Emanuel, Frederick) block her path and an angry woman (Lady Elisabeth) orders for them to lock her up. Lars finds them and makes the announcement of Nixie’s parentage. Lady Elisabeth is reprimanded and Lars leads Nixie away to show her around the kingdom.