27: The Lie, The Truth, And The Mess

Start from the beginning

All these thoughts were battling with my emotions when felt a hand sliding through my shoulder. I startled at the touch and I found Gino, smiling at me. I immediately brushed off my tears but he already saw those.

"What's wrong, Ria? You don't look good." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "What's with you, being so nice to us, and to me now, these days?" I replied back.

"Ria. It's not being nice... I just felt concerned about you and I care for our families, especially for dad and uncle Harry." He replied and I softened a little and felt bad for dumping my anger on him.

When Gino and I were younger and used to live with uncle Garry, we were good friends, even used to play with each other all the time and Joe always accompanied us. There were ample number of times when he saved me from little scoldings of my brothers or mom and dad. He was my savior just like Joe. But in later years, I did start hating him when he helped Mark to torment me, but he personally never hated me like Mark does.

"I know...." I said and then I saw Mark coming towards us.

"Hey Gino, let's have some more drinks, buddy... Woaah, look who's here. The queen of best behavior." Mark spoke, standing with a glass of wine.

I chose to ignore him and decided to leave that place when the boozing started to affect me and I stumbled was almost going to fall when Gino protectively held me and helped me stand up.

"I-I don't feel good." I stammered.

"Did you drink something, Ria?" Gino asked with concern.

"Woah! The most well-behaved girl was boozing at the party. Wow!" Mark exclaimed and Gino gave him a tough look to stop shouting.

I pulled my arm out of Gino's hold and decided to call Andy when I heard his voice that very moment, "Ray, can you tell what's the matter? We are going crazy searching for Ria and all you are doing is dragging us here."

Andy was yelling at Ray and of course, following him and then he saw me. "Ria!! Oh, thank goodness. Where the hell have you been for the last one hour!" It was time for me to face the yelling and Alex and John too soon came following Ray.

"Why the hell are you quiet now? Ray, do you know where she was all this time? Is she ok?" Andy asked Ray but Ray didn't even look at me and said, "She was more than fine, Andy... dancing and goofing around.. and hereafter please don't ask me to look around for her, I am done with that." Ray said and stormed out of there and Andy just gaped at him and then he and Alex turned at me.

"Ria, what's going on? What was Ray talking about? And where the hell have you been when I told you to come back after 15 minutes!" Alex shouted at me. "I am sorry, Alex..." I whispered.

"Oh common guys, you all need to relax. Stop treating her like a baby and more importantly like a girl with the best behavior. I guess we won't be condemned anymore, Gino and treated like the spoiled ones when the best of Wilson is boozing around..." Mark commented badly and laughed in the most disgusting way.

"What? Ria, you boozed!" Andy was more surprised than talking. I just gulped and my eyes were facing down. "Oh, you are such a family drama. I'm out of here, can't spoil my night because of you. Gin,o I will catch you up when we leave." Mark said and left. Mark commented on our family and all my brothers were quiet. They had to be when I embarrassed them in front of everyone.

"Its all because of you, Alex. Why did you leave her alone?" Andy shouted on Alex. "But I just-" Alex tried to explain but snapped by Andy, "Don't, Alex. And John, how can you be silent after everything this girl has done!" Andy shouted at John and I gasped at that. John was still silent but gave a deathly glare at Andy, and Andy just left fuming. I was feeling terrible now and the worst thing, Alex and Andy fought. I hardly remember a time when they fought like this.

I had to stop him, so I ran to his direction but damn my high heels, they chose to break now, adding a pile more to my embarrassment. I fell, twisting my ankle and tears came flowing off my eyes, not because of the pain in my ankle, but for Andy who didn't even turn back to look at me.

"Ria..." Gino said and came down to my level.

"I-I am fine, Gino." I said.

"It's ok, you are not alone. I am here to help you up." Gino cooed to me and put his arm protectively around me. I should have felt better because Gino and Mark were my cousins, and I had always wished them to treat and care for me just as my brothers. But it didn't comfort me because right now all I needed was... my brothers along my side. I was still wishing that Alex and Andy will come back to help me. But neither Alex moved to help me nor Andy came back.

"You can leave, Gino. We can take care of her." John said to Gino as he came near us. I felt better that John came, but I was scared as hell. I quickly put my hand on Gino's shoulders to escape John's scoldings.

"John, it's OK. I don't mind taking care of her, after all, we are family, right? And after I saw how Alex and Andy reacted to her harshly, I don't think its good for her to go with you guys." Gino answered and I just stared at him puzzled but didn't speak anything, after all, Gino was right. While I was thinking all these, Gino tried to pick me up.

John didn't reply this time and swiftly fitted himself in the middle, blocking me from Gino and protectively took me in his embrace and replied, "Thanks, Gino. I know you are family and you do care for us, which I appreciate wholeheartedly. But she's ours to take care of, no matter how far she messed up things."

I was startled by John's quick movement and slowly looked at him feeling scared but didn't find him angry. I put my hands around his shoulders for grip and he picked me up with no effort at all. "John, you are not even angry at her?" Alex asked John and John just replied, "Later, Alex. We will go home now." While leaving I looked at Gino and he looked angry, but soon he was out of my sight as we went out of the party hall which was still alive. Afterall it was just 9 at night. I felt bad for my brothers, especially John. He never left a party this early but him being the in charge now made him even more responsible. We saw Andy waiting in the parking, still fuming in anger. He opened up the car's door and John put me in the car while Alex drove the car. We had a silent ride as Andy again wanted to scold me but was stopped by John. But I knew this was not a good sign. I was going to face more than just mere scoldings. It was going to be bad.

Hi friends! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. More stuff to come on later chapters!

And Happy Diwali to all my buddies. Luv u all!