27: The Lie, The Truth, And The Mess

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, you mean nothing to me. You owe nothing to me and from this day I don't even feel angry on you. And I forbid you to interfere in my life, ever!" I shrieked at him and he stood frozen.

I came down the stairs and I was now in the college guys party area. I laughed at myself that how I was terrified to cross this place some minutes ago and how nothing bothered me.

My love of life, well, I wanted to say that way now, he was angry on me and I was angry with one of my best friends. I felt like crying but I didn't want to feel weak any more.

I realized that my phone was still switched off and my brothers and Sally would have been going mad in searching for me but nothing bothered me right now. I headed to the bar and took a pure shot of vodka straight down my throat and then another and then one more.

My throat burnt like hell and it took me all my strength not to puke.

"Someone's planning to get wasted, mind if I join too?" I heard this and panicked when I saw a huge guy standing beside me. He was definitely a college student. Suddenly he slouched towards me and I gagged at the strong odor of alcohol coming from his breath.

"No, excuse me please," I said and started moving towards the door when he clenched my wrist, "Where are you going, sugar? It's Saturday night and looks like you don't have a boyfriend tonight, why don't you make me, just one-night baby.."

"Leave me alone!!" I cried in anger and I was equally terrified and the most terrifying was people around were so busy in dancing and howling and boozing that no one even turned around towards us. "Just one dance, and then you can go..." This time he spoke sweetly but it felt bitter.

"Hey Ria.. my love, you here?" I heard Ray and turned to him. Relief and smile spread through my face but it got replaced by puzzled feeling when he tenderly took me in his arms and put a peck on my cheek.

"Is she with you?" The college guy asked looking at us intently. I still didn't know his name, nor that I cared. It was funny and then uncomfortable to me the way Ray was massaging my back.

"Yeah dude, but she got angry with me as I won't put down my phone. Sorry, honey..." Ray tried to look passionate and I knew why he was doing that.

College parties held the worst experience track records for single girls, especially for freshmen and sophomores, but the guys followed one rule, they didn't hit on other's girlfriends so what Ray was doing felt weird, but right, until the college guy made a suspicious expression and Ray sensed that and worst happened when he pushed me back and I bent and he started... kissing me! I squirmed under his rough hold and tried to hit him but he held my hands.

He stopped in some time and we realized that the college guy had left.

"Ray!! You.." I started to shout on him when I saw Daniel standing across at the door of the terrace. He just stared at me and he looked hurt and angry. I could not say anything at all. I stood still for a few moments trying to figure out what to say to him but Ray grabbed my hand and pulled me and we were out on the college party hall. He clearly had no idea that Daniel saw us and neither did I got a chance to run to him.

"If you think I did this favor for you then you are wrong. I did this just for my friends and I promise, you can count this as the last one. Just wait here till I bring your brothers." Ray said and left without waiting for me to speak or react.

I walked to a nearby pillar and stood by its side sharing my weight with it. People were still dancing and singing to the tunes of Lady Gaga but nothing affected me. I was already overwhelmed with the feeling of hurt and dejection and thing which killed me most was the eyes of Daniel when he saw me kissed by Ray and I didn't have the courage to explain anything to him now. Too much damage was done just in a little span of time. I didn't even know what he was thinking about me now and how was I supposed to face him the next time we meet.