Chapter 37

5 years later...

Haeri's POV

"Mom, how are you doing there? I am doing fine here, with Sena," I smiled as I looked at mother's gravestone with my finger trace her name. "It's been a while since I visited you. I'm so sorry. Now that school's over and I am on my leave, I have more time to visit you."

"Mom, you must be shocked if I tell you everything about what had happened all these years. After you left, a lot of strange things happened. Dad and Xiumin both got into an accident. Xiumin recovered quickly and dad needed more time to recover. It was a hectic back then. I have no one to rely on. Sena was too. I missed you so bad.

"I have to deal with someone whom I thought was a very kind person and a great person to rely on. But it ended up that he was someone that I need to avoid. He make me do such horrible things that I never thought of before. It was his task anyway," I smiled as I reminisced back all the memories. That's all five years ago.

Lay, Tao and Chanyeol. That was the first time I felt love and my first heartbreak. After that day, I have to force myself to move on. It took about a month to completely move on. I have to continue walking even on a foggy path. Ever since that day, Chanyeol never exist anymore. He's gone. He's nowhere.

Baekhyun could only see him for a moment. But then he can't. Same goes to Tao. After Chanyeol had left, Tao followed after a few days. He has someone else to take care off after failing his task on making me to go on the wrong and dark path. I just wish Lay wasn't given such a hard and horrible task back then.

"Mom, I'm going right now," I tidy up and left for another grave.

I smiled as I looked at his gravestone. His name that was carve beautifully on the gravestone make me smile.

Park Chanyeol.

"I hope you were not a soul when we first met. It breaks my heart when you left but I know, I understand that you have to. Though I wanted to see you so badly. Even in dreams."

After a moment of visiting and talking, I finally walked back to my car. I'm twenty-three now. Working as a lawyer isn't that easy. And it's so rare to be able to take a leave. So this is the only time. I have solved a lot of cases recently.

When I was about to drive, I saw something on the front glass of my car. I get out and take it. As I read the flyer, I smiled. The Park had found a new heir.

I'm glad. After all of those incident, Mr Park regain back his conscious. When Chanyeol left, Lay also left, leaving Mr Park as his own self. He is not that bad of a person. He's generous. But it's true that he had planned to make me as his daughter-in-law soon. Now that Chanyeol is nowhere, the planned naturally ruined.

When everything went back to normal, he had worked back together with dad. They've achieved a lot of success together. I visited him sometimes too and help a bit with the business. Not for his sake but my dad's.

I used to live with dad and Mrs Oh. Sehun, Sena and I, all three of us live under the same roof after dad finally recovered. It's a new life by then.

Even now. It's totally a new life.

I drive back home and was surprised when I saw Kai's car parked in front of my house. I parked my car and approached him.

"Yah," I called out.

"Haeri, I have good news!" He exclaimed with a big smile.

Yup. Kai and I had already made up. We're back to being friends. Good and close friends who tell each other almost everything. But no. We're not together. Kai found a wonderful girl who can accompany him throughout his life and I'm happy for him.

"What?" I raised a brow.

"Your boyfriend asked you to dress up comfortably and I'm going to be your driver who drive you to the date place!" He informed happily.

And yeah. I have a boyfriend. Who? It's a bit unexpected though. But you'll see.

"Why does it has to be you? Why not him?" I asked.

"He trusts me and besides, why would he be the one who will be driving? Do you miss him so much that you want to see him that quick? It should be a surprise," Kai showed his disgusted face.

"Like how you feel when you miss your girlfriend," I teased.

"Ahh~ I know how that feel."

We laughed as we continue to joke with each other. He then pushed me to the door. "Go and get ready. Let's talk later."

"Geez, okay. I'll be quick," I said.

"No, no, no. Take your time. It's okay," he smiled.

"Ei? That's new. Where does the impatient Kim Jongin go?" I teased again.

"Yah! Stop bringing back the past. Now go."

I laughed as I stepped in. Now that I'm aging, I am experiencing another love life. And I won't let another heartbreak happen cause it's just too painful. Sena probably is busy right now. As expected, Sena is now a teacher. Not normal teacher. Martial arts teacher.

Sena and Xiumin still get along with each other but what makes me feel unsatisfy is that they're still in the friend zone! Oh my God! Both of them are so obvious. Sometimes, Xiumin will get jealous and let it out to me. He's always jealous whenever Sehun get so close to Sena.

He's funny.

And Chen. I already explained everything to all of them about my weird behavior and they understand. That's why I love them. They are all understanding. I know I say hurtful things to Chen. That's why I feel bad to him the most. Apart from Kai.

Happy to say that Chen and Hana are both co-workers. They are working under the same company. Remember when they were always so close before? Now they always fight with each other. It's cute to witness their quarrel. I missed it now.

Suho continues studying so hard. He's taking courses to be a doctor. I know he can be one. His hard work and efforts won't be wasted that easily. He's talented in studies. Is that even a talent? Well, HAHA. Nevermind. I just hope Suho won't stress himself too much. He deserves a better future. :)

Luhan and Kris both went to China. They're singers now. Luhan acts too. I envy Luhan. He's actually talented in acting. His acting is no joke. At times, Kris will be at Canada too. He's almost everywhere. Whoah.

Sehun is a rising model! I'm so proud of him. You can found him almost in every magazine. He's amazing and handsome. All of them grew up being handsome. But Sehun is just too handsome to handle. He captivated a lot of girls' attention as usual. But still haven't gotten anyone yet.

Baekhyun... After that incident he witnessed, he always comfort me and be the ears when I need and be the shoulders when I'm sad. He's always there beside me. I'm so grateful for him. Now that we've our own work and are on a separate road, I rarely see him. But we never loss contact with each other though. Of course I tell every problem to him and I tell whatever I told Baekhyun to Kai. And Kai will tell everything about his love life instead of problem.

He's love sick.

"Yah!" I heard Kai's shout from downstairs. "Can't you please hurry up?!"

That's what I mean by the impatient Kim Jongin. "I'm almost done. Just be patient. I'm taking my time, remember?"

My prince charming has a smile of a prince that's so charming that I could die. He can sing very well. His soft and endearing voice make me at ease. He's for sure talented.

I walked downstairs as I finished. I was about to walk out when I accidentally glanced on the photo standing by the drawer at the living room. Following my instinct, I walked up to the photo and traced my finger on the face of the person.

I miss you and will always be.

~~~~

Haeri has a prince charming ~ Wuuu~ Who could it be, huh? 😏

Please don't be too shock if the title for the next updated chapter is epilogue. Yes, as I said, the story had come to an end. 😭 I'll miss this story so much.