Chapter 20

"I've got something to tell you. It's important. Very," her father look at her with a serious face making her gulped in nervousness.

She look into his eyes feeling restless. He put his hands on her shoulder as he took a deep breath.

"I am sorry to tell you this now but you're engaged."

The words seem to be sounding like a lie in her ears. And it sounded so childish that she could hardly believe.

"What are you talking about?" She literally scoffed thinking that he's being funny.

"I'm serious, Haeri. The Park had make a deal with me and your mother which both of us agreed. We agree to destine both you and their son to be engaged. Little did I know that the decision was wrong. They're not as kind as we thought. They're using us for their own good. Your cleverness worth million, Haeri. You're in a trouble. Park Chanyeol, their son, is as selfish as his parents but Kim Jongin that we thought was the selfish one, was the opposite of it actually. Since we'd agreed to the deal, we're part of the Park. We need to find ways to betray them and get back to where we belong to. The Kim."

Haeri tried to process everything in her mind. Nothing seem to make sense at first but slowly, it did.

"Haeri, listen," he snapped her thoughts away. "Jongin already know about this and I am sure he's going to do anything to break this deal so that you'll be free. So that we'll be back as one again. So be aware, he might be looking for the Park everywhere he want. Even to their Residence or Company. He's willing to help you."

"But dad, Chanyeol got killed," she finally find courage to interrupt him.

"He is," he inhale. "It was an accident. But Jongin's cousin make it look like it was him, killing himself."

----

After listening to her father's whole lots of information, she got confused. How does it work like that?

Kai's and Chanyeol's parents are against each other but both of them are friends. Questions have been surfacing her mind. Who is this cousin of Kai's?

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun panted as he put a hand on Haeri's shoulder to stop her.

Haeri did stop but her eyes keep on roaming around the place. The company was right in front of their eyes. But Haeri wasn't sure if she can step into the building after arguing with Chanyeol about it.

Right when she was having doubt, she scream her lungs out when Chanyeol appeared right in front of her sight with a big grin.

"Oops!" He let an apologetic face plastered on him. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun blurted out making both him and Haeri surprised. "Is that really you?"

After awhile of arguing with his thought, he finally have the guts to utter something.

"You can see me?" Chanyeol pointed to himself with wide eyes.

Baekhyun shook his head. "I can only hear you."

"How could you hide this from me?" Haeri frowned.

"I just knew this too."

"Why aren't we getting in?" Sehun interrupted.

"Yeah. Why aren't you getting in? The guy you've been chasing is in there. Kai is in there!" Chanyeol pointed towards the building.

"Guys, I think I'll be staying here for awhile. You can get in first," Haeri informed.