Chapter 22

Hana was in the washroom washing her hands. She turned the tap off then fixed her makeup. It was the day when the Park will announce their son as the heir. Hana's family were attending the event together with Kai's. She smiled at her reflection and was reluctant to meet her boyfriend who was also invited to the same event.

She stepped out of the washroom just to see her boyfriend with another girl. She thought they were just talking with each other. But no. She gasped as it caught his attention.

"H-Hana, I can explain," he said as he grabbed her wrist.

Without hesitation, Hana slapped him on the face. If she wasn't mistaken, the girl was the diva of their school. The girl who thought she'll get anything she wanted. The girl who keeps on bullying her too.

"Explain?" She scoffed. "I witnessed everything with my own eyes. I no longer know you! I hate you! So much! We no longer know each other and there's nothing more between us! This is not your first! And now, I'm sure that our relationship can no longer be protected."

She rushed out of the building without even informing her parents. She used the emergency stairs to avoid so many stares. On her way downstairs, she bumped with Chanyeol who was rushing to go upstairs.

"I'm sorry. Hey!" Chanyeol called out when Hana ignored his apology.

Chanyeol blinked not knowing what to do. Today is the day, when he will be the heir of his parents. He wouldn't want to miss it but after seeing Hana crying like that, he suddenly feel bad.

He decided to follow her all the way downstairs and out of the building.

"Miss!" He called out.

Hana couldn't hear him so she keeps on walking. Hana was so engrossed in her own world that she crossed the road without even looking to the sides. Chanyeol was panicking and it's a good thing that the car stopped on time.

Without wasting anymore time, Chanyeol dragged Hana off the road and bowed down to the driver she'd cause trouble to.

"Yah! Are you crazy?" Chanyeol asked as he forced her to look at him.

"You can call me crazy if I look like it."

Hana walked passed him and into the alley. Chanyeol doesn't understand her. People usually scared of going to any alley. Feeling concern, he followed her from behind. It's not good for a girl like her to walk alone in any alley.

"Why are you following me?" Hana shot him a glare.

Before Chanyeol could answer, a man in all black popped out of nowhere. Panicked, Chanyeol hugged Hana to shield her as he felt a sharp blade being pushed through his back.

Both of them fall on the hard ground as the man ran away from sight. Hana was scared to death. She let go of herself from his grip. She looked around the place and feel relief when there's no camera anywhere.

With little strength, Chanyeol pulled the knife away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Hana cried.

"M-Make it look like I c-commit suicide," Chanyeol requested.

"Are you crazy? I'm going to call the ambulance," Hana fished for her phone immediately.

"N-no," he stopped her. Some blood stained her skin. "You can say I'm crazy if I look like it. Just do as I say so."

"N-no," she cried.

"I-I don't think I'll be able to hold it. J-Just please. Don't hold the knife with bare hand."

His hand that grip the knife suddnnly fell to the ground. The knife flew away. Hana was in a mental breakdown not knowing what to do, she obeyed him. She hold the knife using some waste tissue then placed it on his hand.

She threw the tissue away then drained it in water. Then she saw Kai, her cousin, by the end of the alley, looking at her in shocked. Hana just keep quiet when she saw Kai walking away.

She called for the ambulance and left Chanyeol behind. She went to the washroom and wash all the blood away. She couldn't stopped crying. Her tears will always try their best to escape from the corner of her eyes.

The man in black, it's him, she thought. The jerk who I broke up with.

----

Hana's POV

The day when I asked Kai to hand me Haeri's necklace, I was trying to hide the evidence that she's part of the Park. I was trying my best to erase any hints that she has something to do with the Park.

Instead of giving me the necklace, Kai return it back to Haeri. Making my life complicated. He misunderstood the whole incident. He thought I killed Chanyeol. He thought that I have many more evil plan up my sleeves, but he's wrong.

My parents told me the whole story about Haeri and the Park. The twin's mother told my parents about the engagement. Being Haeri's friend, I tried to find ways to help. But turns out she think of me as that evil girl who betrayed her own best friend.

I don't care if she think of me that way, as long as I can help her, I won't stop.

I told my parents about this whole misunderstanding days ago. Then they told his parents. Kai's parents told this news to him but he didn't believe it. He ran away from home thinking that he's parents are trying to force him to help Haeri or to hate Chanyeol.

Everyone think, I am the villain.

Or maybe I am. If I didn't bumped into Chanyeol, if I didn't fall in love with a jerk, if I didn't witnessed the affair scene, if I didn't broke up with him, if I didn't ignore Chanyeol, and if I didn't listen to Chanyeol and instead call the ambulance, none of this would've happen.

I hate myself.

"I'm sorry," Chen apologized.

I chuckled as I feel much better after letting everything out to him. "You've been saying that like more than ten times. It's okay. You just know."

"Can I help you?" He asked as his eyes sparkle under the moonlight. His eyelashes compliment his look.

"No one ever asked me if they can help me," I shrugged.

"Then let me be the first," his face was serious that I couldn't make myself to let the laugh I've been holding escaped.

"I.." my words trailed off. I am speechless. Why would he even want to help me?

But suddenly, someone came. Not one. Like more than five. Or ten.

"He didn't mean that," Sena interrupted making my heart crushed. "He meant to say that can we help you?"

Her smile and look reminded me of Haeri. Of course since they're twin. My heart soften feeling touched by what she just said.

"We kinda misunderstood everything," Suho admitted.

"And trusted Haeri."

My heart skip a beat. I am not kidding but I can see him. He smiled so widely at me making all the fear washed away.

"Thanks for listening to me. I guess I was really crazy," he chuckled so deeply.

Chanyeol.

It's been awhile since I can see him. But no one know.

"I didn't kill you, right?" I blurted out. Everyone look confused. They follow my gaze but it landed to no one.

He shook his head making me feel better. "I saved you, remember?"

"I do," I nodded as a smile spread across my face. "Thanks."

Sehun cleared his throat interrupting our conversation. "Don't talk alone like that especially at midnight like this."

I giggled as Chen snapped a finger in front of me. "Can't you just accept our help?"

I grinned. "Sure."