Chapter 17

Baekhyun's POV

I don't know if Mrs Yoon was telling the truth or not. But then again, how can she says that without any hesitation. There must be something going on between both Kai and Haeri that no one know.

But aren't they enemy?

Ugh. This if frustrating. It can't be that he's thinking of being her friend. That must not happen. I should stop that from happening.

I walked out of the school gate and waited for someone in particular. Right then, I saw Sena and Xiumin walking out together without Haeri. They were both talking with each other so comfortably.

Seriously, Xiumin should do something before Sehun crosses them. Cause I can sense that Sehun is somehow very close with the twin. No matter what.

"Hey," I called out. They looked at me and smiled. "Where's Haeri?"

"Maybe she's still in class," Sena shrugged. "Have you heard about the senior sports day?"

"Oh, yeah. That," I tapped a finger on my chin. "I supposed I am in red team."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed. "You're in a team with Haeri. You need to help her a lot on that day since she think she'll be alone that day."

"Sure," I grinned. I would gladly accompany her and wash her loneliness away. Anything for her.

"Oh. That's odd," Xiumin blinked. We followed his gaze and saw Haeri walking out of the school gate bickering with Kai. Before she approach us, she rolled her eyes. "Are you okay?" Xiumin asked her immediately.

"That guy really can't stop nagging," she shook her head.

This must be a dream. They didn't bickered just now, do they? This should be put to an end before anything happen to him. Before he suffer. He must've lost his mind.

"Haeri," I called out catching her attention. "I actually have something to tell you. No, I have questions that I am doubting."

"Well, sure," she nodded in agreement.

"I'm so curious."

That voice. How am I possible to hear him, now? That's creepy.

----

Sena and Xiumin both were walking together along the pathway in front of us. Both of us were walking behind. My heart sometimes pound faster cause I know, that we are not alone. Not now.

"Is Chanyeol here too?" I whispered to her ear.

She looked to her side and somehow blinked in surprised. "Y-yeah. How do you know?"

"Well, he always follow you," I chuckled and she sigh in relieve joining me chuckling.

"What is it that you want to ask?" She change the topic.

"It's a bit serious though," I informed then took a deep breath. "Our school's nurse, Mrs Yoon told me and Kyungsoo that you and Kai are a couple."

"What?!" I don't only hear her voice. Chanyeol's deep voice can be heard choking the air too with her.

"I don't believe she really tell people," she covered her cheeks. "That, little freak! Ugh! Kim Jongin!"

I watched her as she keep on covering her face. I guess it's not as serious as that. Kai must've said that for fun. I chuckled as I watched her embarrassed face. But my chuckles sounded bitter. And it faded.

"What did you do without me? I missed a lot of things, didn't I? How could you do this to me?!"

Is it possible to have goose bump now? Oh my God. This is not right. Seriously.

"I despise you a lot."

"Stop it Chan. You're the one who's gone. Not that I was hiding from you," she replied back.

That voice sure is Chanyeol's. No doubt.

"Mrs Yoon was just assuming things and Kai, without thinking much, he admitted everything. No hard feelings," Haeri tried to explain everything. But nothing could explain my confusion now.

"Can you please listen to me?" I asked. She hummed as she looked at me. "Later. Through the phone."

----

I keep on thinking whether or not to believe it that even though I cannot see him, I can hear him. His deep voice was surely his. But why am I possible to hear his voice? Only his voice?

Is it because of the phone incident the other day? When I listen to him through the phone call? That could be the reason but it's creepy!

Just imagine, hearing someone voice but there's no one around you. How would it feel to experience that at night. Just, ugh.

I just finished calling Haeri but I didn't told her about what I heard. You must be curious what I told her. I was about to tell her that I, maybe, can hear Chanyeol. But I stopped myself before I did and instead joke around with her.

"Yah!" Someone suddenly barge in making me groan in frustration. "Byun Baek! Are you even listening?"

I don't even know since when Kyungsoo step in my house. Is he a Goldilocks or something like that? He really just enter a house without permission. Probably with my mother's permission but him, entering my room is not even in my permission.

Whatever. He's scary to even pointed out his fault.

"What do you want?" I asked clearly annoyed.

"Do you know something happen to him?" His voice suddenly give a hint of fear and he's being extremely serious.

I sat down on my bed and scanned his facial expression. Yep. He's serious. "Him? Who are you talking about?"

"Suho texted me saying that he came to his house or most likely to be running away from his house," he informed but I am still not satisfied with any of his explanation.

"Can you just stop freaking teasing me?!" I yelled in frustration. "Who is this guy anyway?"

"Hold up," he signalled me to wait as I rolled my eyes. "You know a friend who'd been banned from having freedom and step out of the house without permission?"

Eh? Who is that?

"All he wanted is him being freed and have lots of friends but his parents are against him," he added as my eyes slowly started to widen. "He study everyday as a puppet of his parents. Not for happiness."

"You didn't mean Kai? Do you?" I raised a brow.

He looked at me somehow blank. No. Not that kind of blank. A blank expression showing that he's afraid that what I'm saying is true.

"He started to feel pressure more than ever."

His words rang in my mind. How come? He didn't do anything against his parents did he? Except the part that he's talking with Haeri. But he's seriously already in a trouble?

"We should go now," I raised up from my bed and without wasting the time, I asked permission from my mother and ran all the way to where he is.

Suho's house.