Chapter 19

Chanyeol knew what he was doing but all he could do was smile silently. He doesn't even know what had happened to him. But since he's not a human, no one can see him anyways.

He's taking her out not on purpose. He has his own reason too.

They stopped right before the park. Haeri got confused and it can be seen through her face. Chanyeol face her and let go of her hand.

"Someone is waiting for you," he informed.

"Who?" She asked.

"Look for him. He's there. I'll be here."

Haeri blinked her eyes at him not understanding a thing. She obeyed him and walked to the park by herself. Her eyes roam around the place as she scanned every benches.

When she spotted a familiar man sitting on a bench by himself, she slowly approached him. Little did she know, the man was someone she used to show her whole love to. A man who she keep on missing.

"D-dad?" Her voice was soft as if it was impossible to hear.

The man, who was her father, face her. A smile was spread across his face.

"Haeri," he stood up from the bench and open his arms widely for her to come. Without even thinking, she hugged him with love.

"What are you doing here?" Was the first for Haeri to blurt.

"I've got something to tell you. It's important. Very," her father look at her with a serious face making her gulped in nervousness.

----

Haeri's POV

Walking beside Chanyeol somehow make everything difficult for me. The words that my father told me somehow affect me. The secrets he'd been keeping from me, pain me.

How can he just tell me now?

And how can he make such a silly mistake that cause me in a big trouble like this?

"You told me to go for a walk because you know this will happen?" I asked Chanyeol who just stayed silent for the whole moment. He just sighed and slowly nodded his head.

I sighed after realizing his purpose. A while later, a group of boys passed by us, running so fast like the wind.

"Wait!" The boys called after each other.

My whole body felt the wind produce by their speed. There are not only one or three people, there are more than five. My eyes widen after seeing the last boy losing his speed.

"W-wait!" He panted. He squatted down as he breath in and out.

"C-Chen?" I called out.

His head  immediately shot turning to my direction as if I am a murder or something.

"H-Haeri," he panted then gulped. "Follow them. Go, go, go."

"Why?"

"Let's just go," Chanyeol instructed.

Without further explanation, I followed the boys and chased after each other. I mean, I don't even know who they're chasing, like right now.

Why would I even listened to a troll?

I catch up with Suho who look serious and too focus. Not understanding the situation, I let my speed loss. I decelerate and came to a stop. Breathing heavily as I watched them running on the path.

I wanted to turn back and walked up to Chen. I walked backward as my eyes keep on looking on them. Little did I know, I accidentally stepped on a small plastic ball owned by some random kid.

My balance got out of control letting me to step on the road and fall on my butt. I was literally squeezing my eyes tight because of scared.

But once I heard vehicles approaching, my eyes widen. My heart felt like it just stopped. I can't really moved and my mind was in a mess. I was sitting and is there still time for me to move?

Just then, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me with enough force to the side. I fall down on top of the ground beside the person.

The vehicle horn severally as it passed by. The wind produce by it make my hair flew in its direction.

Upon opening my eyes, I was shocked. I tilted my gaze just to meet hers.

"What are you doing? Do you want to die?" Her voice was loud enough for people to hear.

"It was an accident."

"Silly accident. You're just being clumsy," she rolled her eyes.

"So what?" I shot a glare.

She stood up as she dusted her hands. "Good thing I was on time. Or else I won't be able to see you again."

"Won't you be glad that you won't be able to see me again?" I scoffed literally annoyed.

But she never return an answer for that question. It make me curious. And once again, Chanyeol is not here. He must've teleported himself away.

"Haeri!" Chen approached me. "Oh? H-Hana, what are you doing here?"

Hana turn her back on us and start walking off. "I don't believe you guys."

Her words somehow make me feel awful. Why is she acting this way? It's so not her. I mean, she's changing, right? She used to be like this, but I don't think now.

"Anyway, what's going on? Who are you guys chasing?" I asked Chen who was literally scratching his head in confussion.

"Kai. We're chasing after him. He was on the midst of explaining when his words suddenly trailed off. We thought he realized something. That was why he ran away from us."

"What is he explaining anyway?" I raised a brow.

"I never understand it," he shrugged his shoulders. "Do you want to come?"

"And run once again?" He shook his head and I sighed. I walked beside him as we try to spot at least one of them.

Soon, we saw all of them walking back and forth. But Kai was nowhere in sight.

"We lost him," Luhan informed. "This is Baekhyun's fault."

"Say what?" Baekhyun shot him a glare. "I just asked him if he can explain and tell us the truth."

"Explaining is so damn difficult for him especially after all the stupid thing he just did," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"I was just curious," He pouted.

Pouting in a serious case like this is so not right.

"I thought someone can track him," I blurted out indicating Luhan.

Luhan froze as everyone look at him. "Oh, yeah. I forgot. I can just track him down."

He pulled out his phone and start working. His fingers keep on tapping the screen faster than anyone. He's indeed the Dexter.

"He's... where is this?" He frowned as he keep on checking the location.

Without further progress, Sehun snatched his phone from his grip and look carefully at the location. But he also didn't know. So he try to hack any camera by the road to follow his track. He's good at this.

Once he found the nearest camera by his location, he carefully scanned the surrounding. Throughout his work, Luhan was peeking at him and put an amazed face.

"How did you do that?" Luhan blinked his eyes.

But Sehun ignore him. He walked up to me instead and showed me the video.

"You know this place, don't you?" He asked with a serious face.

I carefully scanned the surrounding of the video and shook my head. "Be honest."

"I'm serious," I scrunched my eyebrows. "I never went there before and how would you even sure that I've gone there before? I have strong memories and--"

A thought hit me.

"M-Maybe I know where."