Chapter 23

The day after they stepped out of Park Company.

Haeri snatched her wrist from Kai's grip. The others who followed stop behind her too.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a frown.

"Does it look like we can talk things out here?" Kai scoffed.

"Let's get back," Suho announced.

They get back to his house and gather at the living room. Sehun casually sat down on the couch as Suho send him a glare. Sehun groaned knowing his attitude was so rude. But he couldn't help it. He's tired. Or too tired.

"Why do you, all of a sudden, doing such thing as this?" Haeri started the intense conversation.

"Do you think I can just let him fool you?" Kai spat as he slumped down on the couch beside Sehun.

"See," Sehun stuck his tongue out at Suho.

"Why do you care so much? I could've just handle it myself!" Haeri fought back.

"I'm a human and I have feelings of pity too. I can sympathize people. You think I'm an animal? A plant?" Kai frowned.

"But how do you know?" Haeri wanted to ask something else but this is the only question that escaped from her mouth.

"He just know," Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "You're putting too much act. Did I overly convince you on putting action on everything?"

"Hana..." Kai sighed. "Because Hana is behind all of this. I'm trying to help her."

"You mean she's behind all of this is that she's a part of a villain or..?" Chen questioned his confusion.

"She's helping Haeri. She's trying to let Haeri escape from all of this trouble but I prevent her without knowing her real intention," Kai covered his face with his hands. "It was a big mistake."

"Don't you always make mistake?" Luhan pointed out as Xiumin elbowed him in the gut.

"I never know about what my parents talked about. They keep on forcing me to never get involve with the Park. But I disobey them causing them to force me even more. Until today, they told me all the reasons. Telling every single thing to me. I thought they're up to another sly trick so I ran away. Turns out it was the truth."

"What truth are you talking about?" Haeri spat. "There's no truth when there's pain."

"Actually, truth is painful," Baekhyun interrupted.

"Calm down," Kyungsoo patted her shoulder.

"About Chanyeol's death, I witnessed everything."

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed.

Chanyeol brought his hands together as he rubbed them in a sly way. "This is getting interesting."

"Chanyeol, why is everything getting interesting for you?" Baekhyun commented on his friend's statement.

"You can see him?" Chen widen his eyes.

"Hear," Baekhyun corrected.

"Since when?!" He exclaimed with confusion.

"Since as long as I remember," Baekhyun shrugged.

"So what is it that you witnessed?" Xiumin get back to the original topic.

"People thought Chanyeol killed himself. I also thought the same thing. On the day of his death, Hana was with me during the event. But she suddenly disappeared after excusing herself to the washroom."