Chapter 14

Day 21

It was school day like normal. But Haeri can barely mustered up a smile. Chen, as usual, tried his best to cheer her up but he failed a lot of time. The others also did the same. But failed.

Chanyeol disappear again. Feeling ashamed to even face her.

"Why is it suddenly so hard to cheer her up?!" Chen groaned. The boys gather at the cafeteria sitting around the table.

"Where did that letter guy go?" Baekhyun asked. "He is the one who usually cheer her up with just some warm words."

"Why is she suddenly acting like that?" Xiumin asked but his gaze was somewhere else. "Looks like Sena also failed."

They turned their head and saw Sena being left alone on the table. Haeri just walked away with a maintain expression. Realizing their gazes, Sena approached them.

"I think this is a very big problem. She rarely act like this," Sena groaned as she sat down.

"It's impossible for you to not know anything about this. Do you really not know?" Sehun asked and she shook her head.

Baekhyun just keep quiet. He doesn't want to tell anyone about it too. Sena looked around the table and jerk backward after realizing a new face.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. "It's so rare to see you hanging out with them."

"Me?" Kai pointed to himself. "I am still their friend. Is that a problem?"

"Yeah. Is that a problem?" Luhan repeated. But Sena just shrugged.

"It's just unusual."

"Don't worry. I'll try my luck now," Kyungsoo stand up and walked to look for Haeri.

----

He went to the class but she's not there. The library, art room, and finally the garden.

"Okay. I gave up. Where is she?" He asked himself.

He looked around the garden. He only have two choices. The field and the rooftop. He look up to the rooftop. Knowing Haeri, she must chose a place where she is sure no one can find her.

Then he remembered another place.

So he walked out of the garden. He checked the place very carefully and saw her sitting on the bench. It's the basketball court. Since the court is empty today, he knew she would be here.

If everyone tried to cheer her up, he has another different idea. Which is to make her let it all out.

"Hey," he greeted as he sit down besdie her but he got no response afterwards. "Hello?" He waved a hand in front of her face.

"Earth to Kim Haeri? Wake up," he snapped his finger and finally she realize his presence. "What's wrong? You've been preoccupied for some while now. It's not good for you. It's difficult for you to focus in class later on."

"I know," she sighed.

"You know but you still do it?" Kyungsoo asked but he got no response. "See, you did it again."

Haeri shook her head and force a smile. She open her mouth trying to let words to come out but Kyungsoo cuts her immediately.

"Don't force a smile," he said as he stared on her. "Never force a smile in front of me."

Her smile suddenly turns upside down. She pressed her lips together and formed a thin line. Her eyes filled with sadness.

"If something happens that makes you upset, don't hold it in," he put his hand on her shoulder.

Haeri's eyes filled with tears but she still forced a smile. "No, no, no. You're just doing their favors. To cheer me up. You're just the same!" She stood up from the bench.

Kyungsoo got alert but he quickly grabbed her wrist and turned her around just to make her head land on his chest. He patted her back as she started to cry.

"Why is it too painful to feel so horrible for being me?" She cried.

Kyungsoo keep on comforting her. They even skipped classes. Haeri felt tired. Both of them sat down back on the bench. She finally had calmed down. Kyungsoo wasn't really satisfied but at least he makes her to let them out. He's at least happy for that.

"I think I won't be able to see Chanyeol again," she sighed. Kyungsoo just listened to her. "We had a fight yesterday. He was so mad and think of me as a pathetic human. We keep on fighting but everything ended when his palm touches my cheek."

Kyungsoo widened his eyes even bigger than his normal eyes. "You mean he slapped you?"

Haeri nodded. "He apologized but I haven't forgive him cause Baekhyun came on the right time yesterday."

"Baekhyun? He's there?" He blinked and she nodded. "So he knew about this too?"

"Yeah and I told him to keep quiet. But I guess, I am the one who doesn't keep quiet," she let out a small giggle making Kyungsoo to feel relief a bit.

"Haeri," Kyungsoo once again captivate her attention. "You don't need to worry. We are human and human get hurt too."

----

Kyungsoo's words keep on repeating itself in her mind. She couldn't think straight but her mind keep on agreeing with him. Human get hurt. Cause pain is part of life.

Yeah, she thought. It's not normal for people to not get hurt.

Suddenly, she received a slight slapped from behind her shoulder. She turned around and frowned. Kai just look at her without any certain expression.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I heard that you have problems," he started.

"It's none of your business," she rolled her eyes.

"It sure is not," he paused. "But -- Nevermind."

"Oh?" She looked surprised. "Giving up already?" Then she shook her head.

"Hey, you shouldn't pretend like you're fine."

"In fact, I am," she emphasized. "Just now."

Haeri smiled cause of her fooling around with Kai. She doesn't know why it is a habit of her to fool him around whenever she bumped into him. His priceless face was something to treasure. Because it is so rare.

Both of them passed by Hana who seems to be glaring at them. Haeri remembered their conversation last time when Kai cut her.

"Hwang Hana," she called out. She turned on her heels just to see Hana facing her back on her. "I just want to inform you that, glares couldn't kill me."

Then she walked away. Haeri knew something was up with Hana. Her brain keeps on telling her that she's a bad person. But her heart controls her whole body. She refuse to believe her brain.

Cause if the Earth can change, why not the living things on them?