Chapter 15

Haeri walked beside Sena all the way back to their home. Haeri really really felt bad about Chanyeol. But she shouldn't let him toy her around. She won't let herself be commanded by him. Let him think that he scares her.

Haeri sighed by the thought of it.

Maybe I was just overreacting, she thought.

Haeri never realized that her twin sister had been looking at her. Staring and examining her facial expression.

"Can't you just open up with me?" Sena frowned. "I know that you have problem. And I know that problem pain you."

Haeri look shocked. She blinked her eyes staring at Sena in disbelief. Is it a guess or did she found out?

"H-how do you know?" She blinked.

"Kim Haeri and Kim Sena are twins, okay?" She put an arm around her shoulder. "We are twins and we have two hearts but we share one life."

Haeri couldn't deny it cause for her, it's true. Even though Sena is lacking in education, she's the best counselor and the best in words. Haeri do feel grateful to have Sena because she help her in any ways. She supports her even though she think she's crazy.

"Tell me or nah?" Sena asked.

Everytime Haeri looked at Sena, she always tried to imagine herself being like her. A cheerful person. An optimist and strong person. A person who stand on their own opinion and suggestion.

But she always gave up afterwards. She thought that it's impossible for her to be like Sena. To be like her twin, even.

"I will," she forced a smile. "Later."

Sena patted her back and smile comfortingly back to her. Haeri always thought if Sena has problem too or not. Cause she doesn't look like she has any. And for Haeri, it is just unfair.

----

Haeri played with the pen in her hand. She seems to be in a deep thought. After telling Sena what had happened, she feel lighter. And she felt grateful for that.

She wonder again what will happen to her. What will happen to Chanyeol. Every unanswered questions add the crunch of her face. She never knew that the incident can be so affective. Especially to her studies. She can hardly focus.

Kyungsoo's words kept on replaying itself in her mind. Reminding her that there's nothing perfect in this world. But she just couldn't help it.

She walked downstairs and told her mother that she'll be going out to enjoy a short walk. Seeing her daughter's unusual stressful face, she let Haeri go.

Chaeyeon watched Haeri as she walked out of the house and walked on the path outside. It is so rare for Haeri to step outside of the house since she's an indoor person. If it's Sena, maybe it won't be so hard for her to believe it.

Haeri heave a deep sigh not knowing why she's sighing about. Is it because she's relief that she won't be seeing any of Chanyeol's family member or is it because she regret everything that had happened? The questions just make it harder for her.

While walking silently, she saw a familiar person. Rather than a person, she saw a soul that she misses and felt guilty to. She hesitated and just stop on her track.

Should she approach him?

She think and think and think. She finally took a deep breath. She was nervous and scared to face him but she's even nervous when she didn't see him for a day. And it makes her to wonder why.

Haeri tried to not make any noises. She tiptoed until she reaches behind him. She stopped there with a blank expression. Chanyeol never realize her presence. And he knows, no one could hear him.

He's confessing everything. What he felt and what he's confused about.

"Why does life being a human and a mere soul similar? I shouldn't feel this way. This is wrong. Soul should be emotionless," he shook his head as he hit himself severally. Seeing this, add more guilt to Haeri.

"I just did a sinful mistake," he stared on his hands. "Besides, Haeri's right. I am just chasing after fame and money. I did this for my parents to get back their names. I did everything just because we used to be well-known and a successful family. I am just the same. Still selfish."

Haeri doesn't know if she should regret and blame herself for blurting out such things. After listening to Chanyeol sighing heavily, she just called for his name and not touch him. As she knew that he must let himself untouchable.

"Chanyeol," her voice surprised him. He turned on his heels with wide eyes.

"H-Haeri.. Why are you here?" He asked with his eyes blinking as if doesn't believe that she's in front of him.

"Can you not leave?" She asked a shocking question.

Chanyeol felt a little lighter after knowing that Haeri wasn't mad at him anymore. But the question make him to wonder. How can he not leave when he was destined to?

"Haeri, it's not like I wanted to but I still have to leave," he explained.

Haeri's expressionless face add confusion to Chanyeol. He can't figure out what that face mean. Sometimes, Haeri is oblivious but she knows how to prevent someone from reading her. She knows how to control her actions and facial expression.

"Hey, are you still mad at me?" Chanyeol asked making sure of what he thought.

"Well," she looked at him in the eyes and shook her head. "I actually wanted to say sorry though. I didn't mean to say that you're selfish. Sorry."

"I am the one who should say sorry. Sorry," Chanyeol apologized sincerely. "Especially about the slap. It must've been hurt."

"Not exactly," she smiled. "I mean, it does leave pain but it's okay. Let's forget about it."

She sat down on the bench nearby as Chanyeol did the same.

"Chanyeol, if you need my help, I think I would try my best to help you. Let's start everything from the beginning. Shall we?"

Chanyeol suddenly felt bad. Before, Haeri already tried to help him but still couldn't stand him. She hit him to realization. She reminded him that he's selfish.

And now, she's providing a help for him. He doesn't know either to reject or not. But he now knows what he needed to do.

"Haeri, can we just not talk about helping me again?" He asked making her confused. "Because I think I am the one who should help you."

"In what way?"

"I am a soul and my life had ended a long time ago. But you're a human. I should help you to continue your life. Not to pressure you."

Haeri was left speechless. She doesn't know what to say to that because it's common sense. She just blinked and think. Then smile and nodded.

"If that's what you want to, then fine," she nodded. "Thanks though."

"Maybe we should start by finding your love one," he teased with an evil smirked.

"Yah," she looked at him, offended. "Why does that need to be the first one?"

Her laughed brighten the awkward tension between them. Chanyeol started to laugh along and they couldn't feel any awkwardness between them anymore.