Chapter 12

Kai widened his eyes. "Are you that close with our principal?"

"You can say that," she shrugged.

"Why? Who is she? Your aunt? Mother?" He started to throw numbers of questions. "But are you serious?"

Haeri examined his priceless expression as she burst out laughing.

"I'm kidding," she giggled.

"Seriously?" Kai showed an unamused face. "But who is she to you?"

Haeri raised a finger and sign him to get closer which he obeyed at once. "You know Sehun?" He nodded. "She's his mother."

"Isn't that's obvious? What I am asking is, what's your relation with Sehun and our school principal."

Haeri just smiled. An empty smile."You don't need to know as we're still not that close. And the fact that we used to be rival. We should go back to class before it's too late."

"I told you I--"

"You're really going to do that?" She raised a brow.

"Why not?" He frowned.

"You're going to regret it. You will miss so many lessons. I've gotta go!"

With that, Haeri walked out of his sight. Kai hesitated on making the decision suddenly.

I feel like I bother people just by being alive, Kai thought.

----

Haeri knocked the door to her class catching everyone's attention. She bowed down when she saw her teacher was already there.

"Unusual. Why are you late?" The teacher asked.

"I was helping someone to go to the school clinic," she reasoned out.

"Is that true?" He raised a brow.

Before Haeri could open her mouth, someone interrupt her. "Yes, sir. She help me to go to the school clinic," Kai agreed as he showed his bandaged arm.

The teacher seems surprise but let them in anyways. Not only the teacher who seem to be surprised. Everyone. Even Haeri.

I thought he's going to skip, Haeri thought to herself.

"Are you okay?" Suho asked.

"I guess I just woke up from a... dream?" She answered.

She wasn't sure why she didn't use the word 'nightmare'. She just thought it sounds weird to be using nightmare. It was as if she really hated him when she start to stop hating him.

Haeri might look focus during the studies but her mind just flew away from the country. She's having a vacation.

Why does it feel empty? She thought to herself. She missed something but she couldn't figure it out. It looks like she forgot about Chanyeol's absence. (A/N: *sigh*)

It was recess and Haeri couldn't stop her glares toward Hana. Hana just simply ignored her and avoid her. It was a good thing that no one realize their weird behaviour towards each other.

Haeri walked to the library. She looked for any interesting book to read. She walked pass each station. She reaches an empty station and search through.

All of a sudden, her head got hit by a book that accidentally fell down from its shelf. She rubbed her head on the spot where the book just fell on.

She grabbed the book and realized it was a bit dusty. She cough as she clean the book. She read the title and realizes there's no description about it. The title of the book doesn't attract her that much but she has the urge to read it, so she did.

She walked towards a table and sat down comfortably. She flipped the cover and noticed that the papers of each page are so old. The colour of the paper were different from other new books.

But she continue on reading.

"Mysterious Park," she read the title silently. She flipped the page and saw a picture of a whole family. "Who are they?"

She scanned the faces. Then she gave up cause she's clueless. She has no idea who they are. She continue on reading but a few pages in front were blank pages.

"What is this?" She scrunched her eyebrows.

And finally...

"The mystery began in 1998," she read.

She thought it was quite creepy but she still decided to keep on reading because she's curious to which park the book was referring to. And plus, it's not a usual font. It was someone's handwriting. Which makes it interesting for Haeri.

She decided to borrow it and continue reading back at home. She wanted to tell someone about it. She walked out of the library then she facepalmed herself as soon as she remember something.

"Ah! Chanyeol is not around again!" She groaned. "Where on Earth is he?"

She suddenly got miserable. She walked through the hallway while hugging the book against her chest. She entered the classroom and put the book inside her bag.

She look around the class and saw no one. But there's a feeling of wariness. She keep on looking around. It feels like someone is around. She bit her lower lip as her heart beats unusually faster.

Suddenly, she heard something. It's a shuffling of shoes. Soon, the noises faded. Haeri can feel the difficulties to breath suddenly. And that was when she let out a scream.

The person she saw tried to cover her mouth but his hand just pass through.

"Can't you shut up?" The guy asked.

Haeri finally closed her mouth. Her throat feel dry after shouting. "W-who are you?" She stuttered as she distanced herself from him.

"Me? I am Tao," he introduced himself.

"You're not a human, are you?" She asked.

"Err.. Isn't that obvious?"

Haeri nodded her head. "True then. But what do you want? I can't help you like what Chanyeol asked me to."

"Oh, yeah! I came here to bring news about Chanyeol for you," he clapped his hand at once.

"What? What's wrong with him?" She scrunched her eyebrows.

"Currently, you can't see him. For some reasons. And sadly, you only have several days before he can't be seen in your sight. And actually, he'd been following you all day. So he knows what you did and what you just read."

"Oh, the Mysterious Park?" She asked.

"Yeah. He keep on trying to tell you something but something prevent him to," Tao explained further.

"But how did that happen?" She asked.

"This question will give the answer. So please, answer me honestly," he pleaded. "Can you?"

Haeri just nodded. She was sure that she can answer it honestly.

"Do you still need Chanyeol cause you really want to help him or you just help him so that he won't disturb your whole life. Basicly, you hate his presence."

And this make her to think hard. If she hates his presence, she wouldn't be looking for him. She won't care if she notice his absence or not. But it's still true that she don't want him to disturb her whole life.

But now, she need to make a choice. She need to choose either one.

Which is so difficult for her.

~~~~

I'm very very sorry if I couldn't update as much nowadays. I have an exam that I have to seat soon. I will try to update as soon as I finished my exam.

I hope you can wait! ;)