Prologue.

The cool winter breeze, on a pleasant morning, blowing across the town of Bridgewood was soothing and peaceful. The sun had just risen from the horizon. People were getting ready for their daily hustle and bustle. It was close to New Year's Eve, and there was enthusiasm floating in the air all around the town.

Even an outsider entering the town could almost feel the bubbling excitement. The people were ready to let go of the past and face the beginning of a new year. However, in a little beige house at the end of the Main Street, just where the rich people's area started, the atmosphere was slightly different. Well, maybe not slightly, but totally different. It was filled with pain and sorrow.

A man sitting on the floor of the living room, leaning against the couch sighed and looked down at the girl in his arms. His heart swelled with so much love and pride for her, that he had no words to describe.

Last night had been difficult for them. Just thinking about it brought so much pain, his heart hurt.
A few months ago, he wanted nothing to do with her. He hated the mere sight of her. And now, this girl had become his life.

Who would have thought?

He sighed again, thinking about how to deal with the situation they were in.

Situation? More like a mess.
Definitely a mess!

Looking at her again, he swore to protect her with his life, even if it meant to go against everything he had known and respected. Even if it meant to fight against the entire Bridgewood!