Interrupted Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

With eyes narrowed he asked, "A specific kind of situation? A kind of situation this town is always full of?" His voice was low but still pretty loud. 

"Yeah..." That's all I could say, I wasn't sure that it would be a good idea to tell him exactly what we were going to do. He may know about the supernatural, but this was digging up someones grave and burning their bones we're talking about, and not just any someone...Allison. 

"So these guys know about–" 

It was obvious that both Sam and Dean could tell sheriff was talking about the supernatural without trying to bring up the word "Supernatural". "If you're talking about the world of the Supernatural sir, than yes...we know." Dean chimed in, sticking his hand out for a handshake as Sheriff turned around. He looked at Dean's hand for a moment before latching his hand and giving it a good shake then pulling away. "We won't be here much longer, we're leaving tonight." 

Sheriff just gave a small nod before pinching the bridge of his nose, "Okay, listen...I don't really know if I wanna ask what's going on so I'm going to ask this. Is anyone in any danger?" We all shook our heads, "Good, then we're going to forget about whatever is happening tonight and I'm going to forget that you're the reason I got called over here. I don't know what's going on, but it needs to wait. There's been way too many problems over the past few weeks here, and this town needs a moment to breathe." He turned towards Sam and Dean, "Whatever you guys are here for and whatever those shovels are going to be used for is gonna have to wait." None of us had realized he even noticed the shovels, "Gary had no idea what you guys were doing here, and he wants you gone. He's here tonight and for the next few days, but after that either myself or Parrish will be patrolling. Use that information however you want." 

I could tell by his eyes that he was just asking us to leave until one of them were here instead of Gary, who I'm assuming was the older man. "Okay...that's fine. Sorry, Sheriff. We really didn't mean to cause a problem." 

His hand gave my shoulder a light pat, "I know you didn't–" He nodded towards Stiles, "Now him on the other hand, he's a different story." 

I bit my tongue to suppress the laughter I could feel rising in my throat, and instead decided to use this time to talk to Sam and Dean. "Is there any way you could come back in a few days?" It was weird having Allison around this way, but then again it was comforting. Once again I wasn't ready to say goodbye. 

Sam and Dean gave each other a look before Sam decided to be the one to speak, "For you, of course. We have some things we need to take care of, but we'll hopefully have a small break in a few days. We'll just keep in contact and find a time. Sorry for the problem, Sheriff. We didn't mean to cause any issues." 

"It's alright, I'm quite used to dealing with things like this." He sent a small smile to Sam before giving Stiles a look. "Alright, you guys get out of here, okay? I'm gonna talk to Gary and tell him you didn't mean any trouble. And as far as you two go–" Sheriff was glancing between Stiles and I again, but this time with a sincere look on his face. "–try to be normal teenagers for a few days if you can, okay? After everything you've been through you definitely deserve it. Go get some rest." He began walking away before turning around, "Nice to meet you guys, have a save trip wherever you're going." 

Just like that he was gone leaving just the four of us again, well, I guess you could say five since Allison was somewhere around here. "Okay, well...I'm not sure where Allison went but I guess we should get out of here." I tugged lightly on the arrow necklace around my neck, "Sorry about that, guys..." 

"Hey, it's no big deal." Dean shook his head, "Just don't forget that this needs to happen, okay? You may get a few more days with her and you may wanna change your minds, but that'll just do more hurt than good. Alright?"