Healed were her once tattered wings, now she flew into the sky of new beginnings

The next day at school, my parents followed me into the halls. Trailing behind me, their mouths pulled into a stern line, they went to visit the Principal. It was no big deal that I had skipped for the first time ever (people did it all the time) but my parents thought the bad behaviour deserved an apology.

Thus, they stalked me down the brightly painted halls.

Together my parents dragged me into the Principals office, each holding one of my boney arms. Storming into the the mans office like they were furious at him, they pushed me into a chair. A steel chair, like the ones in the cafeteria that you could see through the window.

"Ouch." I said, rubbing my arms and butt at the same time.

My parents didn't even glance at me, they continued to firmly hold their stare with the leader of this disgusting school, run like it was purgatory.  

The mans eyes were wide, staring at my parents like they were monsters. His assumptions were most probably correct.

The small room was lined with book-shelves filled with dust old books that had most likely never been opened. The books took up most of the space, and the rest of the room was filled with chairs and a desk. I could not imagine working in here every day.

"May you please inform me to why you are all present in my office without prior organisation? We have no planned meeting, I don't know why you are here."

My mother ground her teeth together. "My daughter did not attend school yesterday."

"And?"

"She has come to apologise."

I stared at them, my face saying what words needn't do. What the hell?!

"No I haven-" My mother pinched my arm under the desk, away from the sight of weary eyes. I slapped her scaly hands away, glaring at her.

"Well..." The Principal said dumbly, bored with my family wasting his time.

"I'm not sorry."

My mother eyed me, in the few seconds after that there was enough time for her to slap me across the cheek and scream.

"YOU APOLOGISE NOW!!!"

"I'm sorry." I shrugged off her hand as it rested on my shoulder. "Now get out of my school." I pointed to the small door.

Eyes thinned, my parents exited the cramped room. The exodus was much appreciated by the principal and myself.

"Are you OK?" I turned to face the worried man.

"Ummm..." I rubbed my cheek. "I'm fine; I've gotten used to it..."

He looked at me unsure. "You should go; class will be starting soon."

"Yes. I should." I gathered my things that had sprawled across the desk and fled the office.

Once again I was in the hallway, in a flood of unknown faces. Around me the air was suffocating, like a cage that slowly got smaller and smaller until no air could fill my lungs.

I dug my hand into my quick beating heart, hoping the pain would go away...

                                                                         ***

Later that day I was followed by a few sets of judging eyes.

I was getting noticed.

How? A bounce grew in my step as I exited the school, the final bells ring still echoing through the halls. Why were people finally acknowledging my existence? I didn't care if the attention was negative; or that I was followed by a string of laughs and whispers.

My heart leapt from my chest, a strange feeling encapsulated me.

Happiness?

Was that this strange feeling? The warmth, the confidence... Happiness? It felt amazing. Was this what it was like for people who were famous? Happiness washing over you like sunlight from the powerful sun.

Powerful... I think I felt power. Not much, but I knew that fame brought power and happiness; what else would it bring? Money, fans, friends, influence... What could be so bad about fame? I couldn't imagine...

What could be so bad about fame?

I know very well, that fame could break a person. Isn't it always on the news, in newspapers television and radio? Angry rampages, fights and abuse.

Did she even realise that fame created monster? Was she really that ignorant? I wondered how she did not see that Fame meant that her every single move would be watched, and shamed upon by the entire world.

Imagine being followed by paparazzi every where you went and having people documenting everything you did. Wouldn't it be tiring?

Friendships would tear and new ones forged would be purely based on your wealth and status. No real friends, no real family, no one. A life in painful solitude.

She was so aggravating.. SO BLIND!

How did she not see that the one word would dictate her every move for the rest of the life? IT WILL RUIN HER! Does she wish for a life of mourning and regret? That is what she is going to earn, her fate is inevitable because of her foolishness!

WHY CAN'T SHE SEE?! WHY OH WHY IS SHE SO BLIND?!

HI!!!

A final word before this ends:

The song is Invisible by Skylar Grey, which im not sure if I have used before in this book.. If I have can someone please tell me!!!

Thanks for reading guys! *waves*

~Sheep Grl