Bleed

Nyx was dragged deeper still into the caves. The tunnels were dark and cold, the eerie light from the crystals not helping with the spooky atmosphere.
Then, suddenly, they were there. In the cavern.
The one from her dream.
It was identical down to the last detail, including the gigantic mirror-like crystal in the center.
Nyx couldn't help herself. She walked over and peered at it.
The ghostly humanoid shape in the depths of the crystal chilled her to the bone.
"Is that... him?" She squeaked.
Lilith nodded. Nyx began to back away.
"Yeah, it's definitely a no. I'm... busy. Did I tell you my brother's ex-girlfriend is having a baby? So maybe some other time, yeah? Bye!"
She raced towards the door, but was stopped in her tracks. Two creatures blocked the exit.
"Oh, swell, you guys turned up. I was wondering."
She glanced around for another exit. There wasn't one.
Lilith approached her, stalking forwards in a predators tread. "But I don't need your cooperation. Your magic has always worked best as an Instinctual defense mechanism. I don't need you to cooperate. I just need you to bleed."
Suddenly, Nyx felt herself being grabbed by the creatures. They held her firmly, whilst Lilith approached with a wicked looking knife.
Nyx tried to struggle. "I don't think that's a good idea. If I loose control, I could do a a lot worse than bringing Morgenstern back to life. Believe me, unless you want to bleed too, rethink this!"

Lilith cut a line across her throat, not deep enough to kill, but deep enough.
Nyx felt the power crackling at the edge of her control.
"Please don't, please don't, please don't, please don't, please don't..."

Maddie screamed again. Lady Mater called to Alec. "Keep her calm! It's hard enough delivering a baby as it is! If you don't calm her down, something could go wrong!"