Home, again.

Nyx was on the couch, flicking through TV channels aimlessly.
It seemed to be her fate to spend her life in the house. She had bandages wrapped around her burnt torso, even though the wound was officially healed.
Rachel had once again overreacted and confined Nyx to the house, with the boys taking bets on how long it would last.
Though if the constant stream of home baking kept up, Nyx was never leaving again.
Rachel baked whenever she was stressed. Or happy. Or whenever she felt the need.
This resulted in a lot of cake over the next two days.

Selene raced into the room and sat down next to her, practically fizzing with excitement.
"So, I saw you were all depressed, and I thought, hey, it's your birthday in two days, let's come up with a fabulously awesome way to celebrate! What do you think?"
Nyx looked up at her sister. Uh, oh. She had the glittering pen and notepad. That meant girly time, the kind associated with makeovers and boy talk and high pitched squealing giggles.
Definitely not Nyx's cup of tea.
But there was a hopeful, expectant puppy dog look on Selene's face. And besides, everything on TV was slit-your-throat boring.

"Okay, but no getting over excited and going overboard. And remember, it's my birthday, not yours. We do things my way."

Selene rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. You love it really."

Half an hour later, they we're sitting on Selene's bed in her burn-your-eyes-out hot pink room. This room was the ultimate girly-girl paradise, filled with fluffy cushions, tons of make-up and fairy lights on every surface.
Usually Nyx avoided it like the plague, but today she found herself rolling with laughter on the bed, her nails painted pink and purple.
She'd never admit it, but sometimes girl time was fun.