The sorrow of Abigail

Nyx raced over to the little girl, ignoring the blood and Selene's cry of alarm. She crouched next to the little girl. "Look at me, look at me. Let me help."
She turned to Selene. "Don't stand there gawping, call Maddie!"
Selene scrambled for her phone, swiftly dialing.
Nyx turned back to the girl. "Okay, sweetie, just hang in there. Can you tell me your name?"
"Abigail." The girl said, spiraling into a fit of bloody coughs. Nyx tentatively reached over and patted her back, soothing her. She knew it probably wasn't a good idea to touch her, but she looked so small and helpless. So alone. Nyx had a thing about people feeling alone. It was her worst fear, to have no one.

She spoke softly to the girl. "Is there anyone we should get for you, parents or family or something?"
The little girl shook her head. "They... changed. She did something... Something to them... And me... But I'm not strong... Not... strong enough."
She coughed again and curled close to Nyx, sobbing into her shoulder. Nyx felt the girls blood soak her shirt, but didn't think much about it.
She held Abigail close in her arms, rocking her gently.
Selene warily walked over. "Maddie and some others are on their way. What's happened?"
"She's sick, like the werewolf. Apparently, some lady did something to her and her family. But she got left behind. It's killing her, Selene."
Abigail shuddered horribly, her eyes turning black as her blood flooded from evey possible part of her body. She convulsed horribly, chocking. "My... family." She rasped. "Tell them I... love..."
She drew her final breath and went still in Nyx's arms, eyes glassy voids, blood drowning her body.
An innocent little girl, reduced to a twisted corpse.