Unimportant

"Okay, Mum, seriously, what kind of legend could make you freak out like that?"

Magnus and the Shadowhunters had left, both better informed and completely confused, though Magnus had given Rachel a strange look before leaving, almost like he couldn't believe what he'd just heard.

"No legend you should be interested in, Nyx." Said Travis, glaring at Rachel. "It's not like it's real, so it's not important. Got it?"
It sounded more like that was meant for Rachel than Nyx.

"Okay, just tell me one thing." Said Nyx, removing her hat and brushing off the top thoughtfully. "Is it the same unimportant legend with the caves that the lady was asking about a few days ago but you didn't tell me either? Cause if not, it looks like everyone's invested in a copy of 'secret and socially unacceptable legends everyone except Nyx knows.' Which is unfair, and will result in me changing my name to Brenda"
Travis laughed. "Why Brenda?"
Nyx rolled her eyes. "So I can read it, of course. Seriously though, same legend?"
"Well, they are related." Rachel spoke up. "There's no one story, it's complicated... and I'm not telling you. How do you do that? Getting people to tell you stuff, or agree to stuff they shouldn't?"

"I knew it! I knew you'd bring up the fire pit again! You just can't admit you like it!" Nyx folded her arms in mock anger. "If that's how you feel than you just have to replace all the marshmallows I gave you out of the goodness of my heart."
"Alright, missy, alright. Anything but the marshmallows." Rachel chuckled. "Anyway... Where did you find that hat? It's very... unique."
Nyx put it back on her head and twirled, posing with it.
"I found it in the attic. I wanna know where you got it, so I can ask if they have a matching jacket."