Aftermath

"YOU KNOCKED UP A SHADOWHUNTER!"
Screeched Nyx, confronting Travis in the living room.

Maddie had left, telling Travis to think it over and give her a call. Nyx had watched her bundle Cody into a taxi and climb in after him, a wicked smile plastered across her face. The taxi had torn off down the road, taking away the person who had just completely torn apart their lives, and held the power to do even more damage.

Then she'd rounded on Travis.

"TRAVIS, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS COULD DO TO US?!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," intervened Rachel. "Nyx, calm down. Shouting's not going to solve anything. But Travis, for gods sake, why couldn't you have been careful? I mean, you know we don't particularly want the clave sniffing around, and now they're almost certainly going to!"

"That's another thing, Mum." Began Travis. "Why? Why don't we want the clave sniffing around? I mean, I know it's an inconvenience, but we have nothing to hide. I mean, even before this you were always super paranoid about shadowhunters. Why? What are you hiding?"

Nyx began to tremble. She knew exactly where this was leading. It was her. Her powers that Rachel was hiding. Hiding so well that even the others didn't know.
Because she was dangerous. In the wrong hands, a weapon. And they just couldn't risk trusting anyone.

Rachel bit back, speaking scarily calmly. "Travis, that isn't the point. The point is, this is your fault. What are you going to do about it?"

Selene spoke up from the corner. "Isn't it obvious? He has to get back together with her. She's already had one guy abandon her with his baby. Best thing would be to give it a try. Don't make her do it on her own."

"Or she could get an abortion." Nick cut in.

Travis shook his head. "She won't. It's against her beliefs. Why? Why did this happen to me?"
Nyx smirked. "I have a hundred different answers to that, all of which would get me grounded. But hey, Mum, puts the tattoo thing into perspective, doesn't it?"

"Neither the time, nor the place, Nyx."