Uneasy life

For the few weeks that followed, everyone was super tense. The Madison issue was still to be resolved, and the family spent most of the days tiptoeing around the topic, jumping at every knock on the door, every footfall outside the house, expecting the Clave to jump on them at any given moment. Travis spent most of the time in his room. The few times Nyx saw him, he looked positively green.

Nights were filled with nightmares, screaming, tears and comforting bedtime stories.
So much so that Rachel joked about moving into Nyx's room so she could cut out the 'stumble blindly across the landing' part of the night.
She ended up sleeping on a camp bed on Nyx's bedroom floor.

One morning, after a particularly eventful night, a bleary eyed, sleep deprived Nyx stumbled downstairs to meet an equally tired Rachel cooking breakfast.

She flopped down onto a chair folding her arms on the table and placing her head face down on top.
She groaned into her arms.

Rachel clicked her tongue, walking over and stroking her daughter's tangled mess of hair.
"It's not fair, is it sweetheart?"
Nyx groaned again.
"I've been thinking..." Rachel started.
"A dangerous pastime." Mumbled Nyx, smiling weakly.
Rachel tapped her lightly around her head.
"Shush, you. I've been thinking, what if we took you to some kind of therapy, for the nightmares?
What do you think?"
Nyx gave Rachel a blank, innocent look.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Did you not hear me? I'm kinda going to need an answer."
Nyx grabbed a piece of nearby paper and a pen. She scribbled something down and handed it to Rachel.

"I can't answer, you told me to shush"

Rachel rolled her eyes again. "Alright miss sarcasm. Seriously though, would you consider it?

"Umm..." Nyx bit her lip and looked down. "I... Don't know. Maybe. I'll think about it."

"Alright sweetie, alright. But think fast. I need my sleep,and clearly you do too."

A sound came from upstairs, a loud thud as something hit the floor.

Nyx smirked. "Travis is up."

I know it's not greatly exciting.
They can't have exciting stuff happen all the time. But roll with it, it'll get better soon.